Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Pinion Seal Leak ?

Old 10-10-2009, 12:08 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pinion Seal Leak ?

I went to the dealer and they replaced what they said was the pinion seal but not sure that they did or if that is even the problem... I saw that they did replace the gasket on my front diff. Here is two pics... whats is my problem?

Old 10-10-2009, 12:48 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Could be a yoke, but its odd that its weeping from the middle too..
Old 10-10-2009, 01:32 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't think it's a pinion seal...though, I can't see a real great shot of the back of the pumpkin...I would expect to see the bottum of the pumpkin wet and a trail leading to the direct back where the seal is, this is primarily on your yoke....you sure your not leaking from above
Old 10-11-2009, 09:27 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

This is a seepage- hasn't progressed to the ''leak'' phase where enough lube has been lost to be thrown around the bottom of the jeep. Remember the driveshafts can have seepage past the boots too- this is not a cause for concern- its not the same lube/seal connection as a yoke/pumpkin with free flowing lube...

Quick Reply: Pinion Seal Leak ?