Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

piecing together a hard top

Old 04-08-2012, 07:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ended up swapping my soft top for a mint complete hardtop plus $525 and he has to drive 3.5 hours to me. This top will be going up for sale. I kind of wanted to do this whole thing but sourcing used parts would take a while.
Old 04-08-2012, 08:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Woops deals off my softtops not tinted:/ callimg all the car junkyard tomorrow
Old 04-13-2012, 06:18 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi, Zeke97. I tried to reach you by private message but your box was full. Anyway, you should be getting your freedom panels and hardtop hardware, including the rear glass hardware (the rear window, too?), very soon. Your contact here in Houston came by a couple of days ago with his wife (both very nice) and picked them up (he's done some great things with his and his wife's Jeeps). I'm glad I was able to find a good home for these parts (and to get rid of my old damaged hardtop that was killing grass in my backyard).

By the way, for those interested, the brand new 2012 OEM hardtop set that I bought (with insurance money) fit perfectly on my 2008 JKU with no problems and no issues regarding the freedom panels. I know there's been some discussions about moving the center loop that's over the windshield/dashboard to the left so that the center latch could close over it, but I couldn't see why that was necessary; the latch never fit over the loop with my '08 freedom panels and they never leaked, and these are no different. I'm probably missing or misunderstood something.

Happy wheeling! eatoftexas
Old 04-13-2012, 09:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

Just sent you a PM back. My girlfriend is visiting(nice surprise) so this makes an amazing weekend for me. We're going to go assemble the hard top.

It just shows that Jeepers will do anything for another jeeper. Thank you so much for the stuff. I just unboxed it all and everything looks AMAZING.
Old 04-13-2012, 09:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

Right on! Glad everything worked out. Jeep people are the best people!
Old 04-13-2012, 10:09 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Ezekiel97
Just sent you a PM back. My girlfriend is visiting(nice surprise) so this makes an amazing weekend for me. We're going to go assemble the hard top.

It just shows that Jeepers will do anything for another jeeper. Thank you so much for the stuff. I just unboxed it all and everything looks AMAZING.
Excellent! I just responded to your PM, but apparently your box is still full. Anyway, just a big "you're welcome"; I'm glad to be able to help out a fellow enthusiast. I hope to meet you out on the trail some day.
Old 04-13-2012, 06:16 PM
JK Freak

If you need the rear glass piece, I will have one available tomorrow if you're interested.
Old 04-13-2012, 09:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by eatoftexas

Excellent! I just responded to your PM, but apparently your box is still full. Anyway, just a big "you're welcome"; I'm glad to be able to help out a fellow enthusiast. I hope to meet you out on the trail some day.
Eastoftexas! Great meeting you ! Seriously when your ready for me to weld up your control arm skids please let me know !!! I've got gas hooked up to the welder and your more than welcome to drive up our way !
Old 04-14-2012, 10:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by amt97
If you need the rear glass piece, I will have one available tomorrow if you're interested.
How much you selling your window for? Please let me know im very interested!

Quick Reply: piecing together a hard top