Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Persistent Oil Pressure Issue - 3.8L

Old 08-14-2021, 11:55 AM
JK Newbie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I would try a good brand of 10w 30 and see if that helps.
Old 08-17-2021, 01:23 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not totally familiar with the 3.8L oiling system, is the oil pressure regulator part of the oil pump you replaced? A stuck regulator will dump a lot of oil straight back to the pan. Your pressure is really low hot, what is it cold? I'd be pulling the pan, pressurizing the oil galleys with a priming pot and looking for the excessive leak. What did your rod bearings and journals look like? did you Plastigauge them? Have you ever run it out of oil? The mains are first to get oil, its possible you nicked one although you did not see any metal. Back feeding the oil system and looking for the biggest leak should tell the tale.

Good luck, it can be a bit messy.
Old 08-31-2021, 12:26 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Messy indeed, in such cases I go to the service. I usually work with Westminster Motors, so just in case anyone will find this thread while looking for a solution.

Quick Reply: Persistent Oil Pressure Issue - 3.8L