Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

People with clutch noise - please read!

Old 03-30-2011, 05:32 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow thanks for this thread and thanks for the person who just bumped it. I have been trying to track this noise down for months now. Cheers
Old 03-30-2011, 05:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

If I tried to fix every noise my jeep made I have to pull the whole thing a part and rebuild it.
Old 03-30-2011, 05:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

i guess i'll try this....
i had my clutch replaced under the TSB... the noise came back, but in my case you can hear it only when the clutch is depressed. soon as you press the clutch, even a little, the noise goes away. i brought it back in, but after a week of arguing, the dealer shit (read a**holes) didn't do it. they said the clutch is a wearable item. therefore because the jeep is over a year old, all wearable items were off warranty. the clutch was brand new (less then a year)
i hope this works. i hate the sound!
Old 04-20-2011, 06:15 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cra5h
i have a squeak too.

but i think it is my spring that is on the clutch pedal assembly. bc when i push in the clutch, i can feel the slight vibration on the pedal of the spring compressing, that is when i hear it.

i sprayed some WD40 on the big spring under there and it stopped squeaking for about 3 days. then it started again. so i sprayed some silicone spray on it. that lasted 1 day.

when i checked it out yesterday, it looked like there was white lithium grease on it.

I could put more grease on it but that wont get in between the coils to stop the squeaking.

it has become very annoying. very. anyone know of a fix?
Have you had any luck fixing the squeak on yours? I have the same problem. I tried to track it along the firewall and it isn't making contact anywhere with the heat shield. I pressed in the clutch while holding my finger on the spring and could definitely feel the vibration there.
Old 03-18-2016, 11:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

I was hoping this to be my issue as well but it turned out not to be. Although I did find the culprit. My clutch pedal arm/lever is rubbing against the internal framework (not sure what else to call it). I circled the wear spot where it's created a gouge in the pic below:

Not sure why the pedal has moved far enough over to rub there. It doesn't seem to have that much side to side play in it, hardly any movement at all. Gonna try to clearance it a bit and hopefully it'll never touch/rub again
Old 01-10-2019, 12:04 PM
JK Newbie

Default Still no solution!

Hey folks, I too am having a squeaky clutch issue. I tried pulling back the heat shield so there was no rubbing. That worked for a little bit but then the squeak came back. The weird part is that it is quite intermittent. When I left for work this morning it was fine until I took my second turn. Them every time I released the clutch pedal I got the squeaking noise. I have had two clutch replacements and before the last one I had heard this squeak prior.

Pardon my inability to figure out how to post a video in the correct format. I have attached a file that is just the sound of when I was letting off the clutch pedal. I appreciate any and all feedback. Thanks in advance!

Last edited by PatLee39; 01-10-2019 at 12:23 PM.

Quick Reply: People with clutch noise - please read!