Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Passenger Seat won't lock in place...

Old 03-31-2011, 01:04 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Passenger Seat won't lock in place...

I have an '09 Wrangler X. Today when I was cleaning the inside of the jeep, I moved the passenger seat up. When I went to move it back, the backrest of the passenger seat will not lock in place. I've tried moving the handle which usually engages and locks the seat, but it just simply makes a "clicking" noise. Has anyone had this issue? I've only had the jeep for about a month, so a little disappointed this happened.. Hopefully it is an easy fix! Thanks in advance for any and all help!
Old 03-31-2011, 01:10 PM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Is there something small jammed into the mechanism?
Old 03-31-2011, 01:15 PM
JK Newbie

Not that I know of...nothing was touched from moving the seat forward just to get the vaccuum hose in there real quick. Then go to move it back and it won't lock in place...is there an easy way to take the handle off and put it back on to see if that does anything?
Old 12-12-2012, 07:56 AM
JK Newbie

Default Me too ...

Originally Posted by NickySue
Not that I know of...nothing was touched from moving the seat forward just to get the vaccuum hose in there real quick. Then go to move it back and it won't lock in place...is there an easy way to take the handle off and put it back on to see if that does anything?
Hi.... Mine just did the same thing. Was wondering if you ever found the cause of this problem. Thanks
Old 02-14-2020, 01:36 AM
JK Newbie

Now there’s three of us...hopefully you guys figured it out and can tell me what you did.
Old 07-04-2020, 06:33 AM
JK Newbie

Having same issue 7.4.2020 and found this thread, anyone figure out how to fix this passenger seat?
Old 10-12-2020, 06:17 PM
JK Newbie

Default Possible fix

Mine did that, I had the seat all of the way back when I used the other handle to move it forward, to engage the mechanism I had to push the seat ALL the way back. Hope it is that simple for you guys!

Quick Reply: Passenger Seat won't lock in place...