Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Passenger Floor very HOT.. Why?

Old 07-27-2013, 06:33 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Passenger Floor very HOT.. Why?

I have a 2012 JKU - recently my girlfriend has been complaining that the passenger floor has been very hot. I didn't believe her at first, but after checking it myself it was very hot to the touch. I don't notice anything on the drivers side. I have no indiction that the jeep is running any warmer than usual. So I'm slightly concerned by this.

Had anyone experienced this?
Old 07-27-2013, 07:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

Have you removed the carpet? If you haven't it surprises me that your are having heating problems. If you do remove the carpet you will notice there are warning stickers for the heat. Under the carpet there is something that looks like lines of silicone. That is also for heat. As you start removing this stuff you will add heat to your floors/feet. Under the jeep there are heat gaurds. Chances are those are still there.
Old 08-28-2013, 01:38 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by WINGIT
Have you removed the carpet? If you haven't it surprises me that your are having heating problems. If you do remove the carpet you will notice there are warning stickers for the heat. Under the carpet there is something that looks like lines of silicone. That is also for heat. As you start removing this stuff you will add heat to your floors/feet. Under the jeep there are heat gaurds. Chances are those are still there.
Thanks Wingit - You were right on the money with that - feel kinda stupid that it was something that simple.

Quick Reply: Passenger Floor very HOT.. Why?