Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Part identification assistance

Old 06-10-2024, 09:45 AM
JK Newbie

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Part identification assistance

Greetings all.

I was a member here in the past. I give my JK to my daughter and have been going through it to get it back into shape.

It is a 2012 and would not start, so I inherited back. Look though codes it states that an ignition coil is bad so I started looking into replacing them.

I have found someone was in there messing. A bracket above the passenger side valve cover is missing (shown below). I would like to replace it but am not having any luck finding part numbers or info. This brought me to the hive for some possible assistance.

Does anyone have a name/part number/place to order this bracket? Full disclosure, I borrowed the image from another post and just labeled it.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Old 06-17-2024, 08:05 AM
JK Newbie

Found it. Part number in case anyone else needs it
68090480AD Fuel Line Bracket
Old 06-17-2024, 08:44 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,932 Likes on 1,691 Posts

That is really interesting, cuz that has nothing to do with fuel lines. the only thing it's doing is holding those lines to/from the heater core. I absolutely hate that bracket. Last time i was doing engine work i actually cut it in half to i didn't have to jack with the bolts down on the side of the head.

Last edited by resharp001; 06-17-2024 at 08:51 AM.
Old 06-19-2024, 04:31 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by resharp001
That is really interesting, cuz that has nothing to do with fuel lines. the only thing it's doing is holding those lines to/from the heater core. I absolutely hate that bracket. Last time i was doing engine work i actually cut it in half to i didn't have to jack with the bolts down on the side of the head.
I agree, I was going nuts looking for a heater core line bracket. I stumbled across it and laughed at the fuel lines.

Glad I found the parts I needed. I got my Rubicon back. Had given it to my daughter. It decided not to start recently, so a "friends" husband took it to their house. Got her another vehicle and got the Jeep back to my house. I can tell the guy was monkeying around under the hood and as a result I am missing parts. I got it running and now to address some of the codes it is throwing.

Even with all that I am happy to have it back. I think the guy thought since it wasn't starting she was just going to give it to him.

Old 06-19-2024, 04:32 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,932 Likes on 1,691 Posts

what kind of codes is it throwing right now?
Old 06-19-2024, 09:14 AM
JK Newbie

Usual misfires/position. It has a ton of mileage so getting ready to open it up , check the phasers, cams and determine what direction I want or need to go.

Quick Reply: Part identification assistance