Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Paint splitting at door sill and unusual "dent" along bottom of door... help!

Old 08-04-2014, 01:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Paint splitting at door sill and unusual "dent" along bottom of door... help!

So I just noticed today when getting out of the Jeep after work that a small (about 1") split has formed in the paint where the door sill rolls up into the cab. Never noticed this before. I also noticed that corresponding to this location, the bottom of the door has a significant bow/dent/deformation, but there is no apparent impact site, etc. It actually looks like it was deformed like this and then painted over. I checked and the deformation doesn't appear to be contacting the door sill where the split in the paint is. Let me state that this damage was absolutely in no way shape or form caused by me. Any ideas? Will the dealer cover this under warrant by chance (fat chance)?

*Edit - I bought the Jeep brand new with 20 miles on it, so couldn't have been fixed from a previous owner.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0235.jpg
Views:	211
Size:	18.5 KB
ID:	569437

Name:	DSC_0236.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	20.1 KB
ID:	569438

Name:	DSC_0238.jpg
Views:	199
Size:	43.0 KB
ID:	569439

Quick Reply: Paint splitting at door sill and unusual "dent" along bottom of door... help!