Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

P0507 and P2173 09 JK Rocky mtn edition 2 door 3.8L

Old 06-25-2018, 06:16 PM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

MAP, according to my understanding from the FSM diagrams is manifold absolute pressure. It's on top of the manifold all the way towards the back. For being on the manifold, I was surprised that it was a 1/4 twist and it popped out with a small o-ring. The old one wobbled in the hole, the new one doesn't move a smidge.

And yes....my sanity is nice to have back. Now I can go back to maintaining the jeep instead of fixing it.
Old 06-25-2018, 08:44 PM
Super Moderator

Received 209 Likes on 183 Posts

Originally Posted by karls10jk
Now I can go back to maintaining the jeep instead of fixing it.
I know that feeling, although I'm not sure which is worse. At least the maintaining is usually less crucial as to how soon it has to get done and you know what it is before jumping in. I currently have a few boxes of maintenance parts sitting here starring at me waiting to be installed.
- TF ball joints
- Crown wheel bearing
- Front speed sensor
- PCV
- Power Stop Z36 front brake pads
- Steinjager quick discos

All the while I spent an entire weekend removing my front AEV bumper, just to replace a crush can cover since the screws to remove that cover are pinched between the bumper and winch plate and can't be undone without removing the entire bumper. Then I decided to completely rust treat and repaint the entire bumper since I had it pulled off to address some seam rust that developed over the winter. As these parts keep starring at me, I'm currently shopping for the Mopar P/N of the Dana 30 front pinion seal, and debating with myself to purchase an Adams front drive shaft, or just take it to a shop and have them replace the pinion seal and U-Joints. Oh yeah, and I keep procrastinating by continuing to work on my elaborate dash cam setup. Between repairs, maintenance, and mod projects, driving this JK is starting to feel like a full-time job.

Old 06-26-2018, 03:34 AM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

These codes create hell for drivability. You can be cruising along, a quick ding, then it cuts power and you are allowed to coast to the side of the road (typically highway in my case). Maintaining- I'll take a little rust staring me down over those codes any day of the week.

Bring it on over, those installs aren't so bad. I still have to replace a rear axle seal on my brand new shafts it's funny you mention repainting that bumper....I bought a couple cans of the Rusto fine textured to do my front bumper and sliders (rear was bedlined and then painted- poor choice but it's holding up well and is textured/ shiny).

I can't say for certain on your 09, but the 10 parts diagram shows that seal as 68004072AA.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20180626-072845.png
Views:	68
Size:	253.4 KB
ID:	677092  
Old 06-26-2018, 09:45 AM
Super Moderator

Received 209 Likes on 183 Posts

Thanks for finding that PN for me.

I used that Rusto fine texture on the front AEV bumper, then went over that with the Matte clear for extra durability. It turned out great! After all the color matching efforts I went through trying to find a color to match the HR rear, what I learned is that the metal you spray it on seems to have a big impact difference what shade of black it turns out. I wasn't expecting an exact match but I'm totally pleased with how close it is and how it turned out. Looks much better than the rattle can AEV paint I used previously. That Rusto finr black texture and clear matte are my goto combo for any exterior black powder coat refinish work.

Last edited by Rednroll; 06-26-2018 at 09:49 AM.
Old 06-26-2018, 07:49 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Glad to hear you got your jeep back to fine running condition. Its been about a week since i replaced my PCV valve in my 09 JK 2dr rocky mtn edition, and i have no issues to report. Jeep has been running fine and have not seen the codes or Mil light turn back on since.

Quick Reply: P0507 and P2173 09 JK Rocky mtn edition 2 door 3.8L