Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

P0349 Camshaft Position Sensor help

Old 06-13-2015, 12:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default P0349 Camshaft Position Sensor help

So I'm 2 weeks past my 3/36 warranty.

Headed up to Bantam Jeep Fest and as soon as I pull into the lot to park the check engine and traction light come on. I use my scan tool and P0349 and P0349PD (pending) I believe pop up. In the book I have it says bank A so I change the passenger side sensor this AM. Drove about 20-30 miles and with in a 100 yards of where the check engine light came on it turns on again. I clear it and go to a second dealer to get their last sensor and installed it on the driver side. The code book I have says this is an "intermittent" code. So I'm expecting the check engine light to come on again. Any ideas?

P.S. I was in water up to the bumpers last week, but changed the oil after that.

Dealer can't get me in for 2 weeks so I figured I need to start on my own.
Old 09-08-2015, 08:50 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Man join the club, I've had this issue going on 6 months now. Can't find a fix. Going to replace plug and wire for this next. I read somewhere that some one said Chrysler actually made the harness to the cam sensor to short so it is causing pulling and such. Not sure if that's a thing or not. Read somewhere else that a guy had to replace his whole cam phaser. I'll let you know if that fixes me. Keep us updated.
Old 07-06-2016, 10:28 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any update to this? Sisters 2012 is experiencing the same thing. Replaced both camshaft position sensors, same problems.
Old 07-06-2016, 10:48 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So mine was fixed, all I did was buy a new plug and wires and wired it in there to replace the old one. Pretty easy, 5 minutes job. After months of headache and a dealership who "couldn't" figure it out.. If you need more instruction on this let me know. First you'll wanna figure out exactly which one it is, different codes pertain to different sensors. Absolute headache though. I'm convinced someone fudged up all my wiring because I'm dealing with OTHER wiring issues now. Fun fun.

Quick Reply: P0349 Camshaft Position Sensor help