Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Over door handle leak

Old 02-16-2015, 06:39 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Over door handle leak

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4191241449.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	35.8 KB
ID:	597183

This is what I am getting on both side. I have been reading and there is all sorts of different thing people have tried and not a lot reporting back on what worked the best. So what works the best to fix this? 2 dr and have already changed the header for the metal one. I have tried to adjust my doors in and up to try and solve and didn't really do much. I also tried some rubber seal around the door contact area and but it didn't stop it all the way and blows off when doorless. Any help is appreciated
Old 02-16-2015, 08:31 PM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm assuming you have a soft top right? What solved my issue is replacing the foam on the door surround with thick foam weatherstripping from hardware store.
Old 02-16-2015, 08:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JK-FREAK
I'm assuming you have a soft top right? What solved my issue is replacing the foam on the door surround with thick foam weatherstripping from hardware store.

^^^^^^ This
Old 02-16-2015, 10:37 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

here is a link that might be helpful.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7IW...Mm8/edit?pli=1
Old 02-17-2015, 08:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had this issue and solved it by adjusting the seal on the actual door. The rubber stripping around the door was bent more towards the door so I heated it up and bent it more towards the jeep problem solved.

Quick Reply: Over door handle leak