Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Outrageous dealer prices for parts

Old 10-28-2010, 11:51 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AK4Dave
Most of us here know to NEVER go to the dealer for anything other than warranty work. I feel for ya bud. Do you have any friends stateside that can buy parts and send them to you? I would think you could at least save a little on shipping that way...???
Yeah, my Brother's wife is from Boston & heads back home every year for a visit, so I'll get her to stock up on similar small but expensive items if she can find them cheaply over there. One good thing lately is that our dollar is quite strong on international currency markets and has appreciated more than 30% against the US dollar recently to the stage where it is virtually on par with the $US. So even with shipping, many items (even big heavy ones like steel bumpers, winches) are half the price to buy online from the US & ship here right now so I'll start getting a few mods done while I can afford it.

At least reading some of the responses here I don't feel so bad now as it seems that with regards to stupid little plastic clips things are almost as bad in the US & Canada.
Old 10-30-2010, 09:26 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Best price I found was $2.88 a piece online. I purchased a few when I bought some other items.

https://www.moparliquidators.com/jee...ler-parts.html

Quick Reply: Outrageous dealer prices for parts