Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Ordered 2008 Rubicon Wondering if I will ever get it...

Old 10-09-2007, 08:15 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ordered 2008 Rubicon Wondering if I will ever get it...

Ordered 2008 Rubicon 4 dr almost 4 months ago. I called the dealership yesterday and they told me they have my vin number. Usually how long does it take to get your jeep after they give you a vin number? I am just wondering if I am ever going to get this jeep. I have never ordered a new vehichle always just went to the dealership and picked out which one I wanted but no one had what I wanted. Just venting I guess....
Old 10-09-2007, 08:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by silverbullet31
Ordered 2008 Rubicon 4 dr almost 4 months ago. I called the dealership yesterday and they told me they have my vin number. Usually how long does it take to get your jeep after they give you a vin number? I am just wondering if I am ever going to get this jeep. I have never ordered a new vehichle always just went to the dealership and picked out which one I wanted but no one had what I wanted. Just venting I guess....
You might get it someday but I hope you are ready to wait since the UAW might call a strike against Chrysler LLC. If this happens you would get a Jeep faster by going to the dealer and buying off the lot. I gues it depends on how much patience you have. Good luck!
Old 10-09-2007, 09:36 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think this thread gets posted once or twice a week. I'd say do a search, and you'll get a million answers.

Basically, it seems the wait depends on a few things:
1: When your dealer actually submitted your order
2: How many spots the dealer has on his list to actually get your order
3: What options you wanted with the Jeep
4: How far away you are from the plant.

It seems like rubicon 4 doors have the longest wait. Anything with a mygig seems to be causing the biggest delay for some reason.

Some people have waited half a year or more on this site for their jeep. Some people have actually given up waiting for their jeep and cancelled their order. Meanwhile, others put their order in, and see it in a few weeks. Being an "In-demand" vehicle, that's being sold worldwide, you're bound to wait a while.

But I personally beleive your wait is really up to the dealership. If DC is anything like other manufacturers, you'll see they cater to their "Preferred" dealers first (i.e.-those that sell the most, and those with the most known happy customers).
Old 10-09-2007, 11:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by wayland1985
I think this thread gets posted once or twice a week. I'd say do a search, and you'll get a million answers.

Basically, it seems the wait depends on a few things:
1: When your dealer actually submitted your order
2: How many spots the dealer has on his list to actually get your order
3: What options you wanted with the Jeep
4: How far away you are from the plant.

It seems like rubicon 4 doors have the longest wait. Anything with a mygig seems to be causing the biggest delay for some reason.

Some people have waited half a year or more on this site for their jeep. Some people have actually given up waiting for their jeep and cancelled their order. Meanwhile, others put their order in, and see it in a few weeks. Being an "In-demand" vehicle, that's being sold worldwide, you're bound to wait a while.

But I personally beleive your wait is really up to the dealership. If DC is anything like other manufacturers, you'll see they cater to their "Preferred" dealers first (i.e.-those that sell the most, and those with the most known happy customers).
At this point, the only thing effecting his wait time would be 4: How far away you are from the plant
That's because the OP said he was given a VIN #, which means he's in D Status thus his dealer has submitted the order, the dealer has allocation, and all parts are available.

silverbullet31, the average wait time for an Unlimited Rubicon is 10 months. The good news is that after only 4 months you're already in D Status. You could be driving your Rubi in a matter of weeks now, depending on what part of the country you live in.
Old 10-09-2007, 03:35 PM
JK Freak

I waited for 5 months and gave up and canceled my order. I drove 70 miles to the next dealer and they just happened to have my exact Jeep I wanted and I bought it on the spot. If I was you, I would just lot shop everywhere and find what you want. I did not like the ordering processes. What you want is out there you just have to find it as they may not trade these aroiund from dealer to dealer because they are hot and can be sold at a mark up. Especially the Rubi 4 door.
Old 10-09-2007, 06:39 PM
JK Newbie

Default Find it on the lot--maybe

I put an order in about a month ago with a dealer who is also a friend. He talked to the Chrysler rep and he said that he could get him anything as long as it wasn't a Rubicon. I wanted a 4dr Rubi with MyGig and dual tops. The rep couldn't give any idea about wait time at all, so I looked and looked until I happened to find one on a lot about an hour away. Needless to say, I bought it on the spot at about 1600 off sticker. I didn't think that was too bad considering the demand for these.

My advise is that it doesn't hurt to keep looking even if you already have an order in. The dealer won't be upset if you buy it somewhere else because they know they will sell your order when it finally comes in. In fact, they may even make more on it if they can sell it to someone else at a premium.

Quick Reply: Ordered 2008 Rubicon Wondering if I will ever get it...