Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Which option group on the 2013 includes wheel mounted audio controls?

Old 12-18-2012, 05:43 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a 2012 Rubi with heated seats. I recommend them!! I also opted for the side airbags.
Old 12-18-2012, 05:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Oh and try test driving both gear options thats what sold me in the 3.73s
Old 12-18-2012, 05:52 PM
JK Junkie

Received 160 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by Sharkbait98
Oh and try test driving both gear options thats what sold me in the 3.73s
Good luck finding a 3.73 on the lot. When I was shopping last January in NJ there were about 75 jeeps in my region at dealers. Not a single 3.73 among them.
Old 12-18-2012, 06:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Paul-NFLD
Man thanks for enlightening me on this. I do plan on upgrading to some larger tires down the road. Thank you.
He is 100% right in all he said about 3.73. Make sure you ask all the questions needed before you purchase.
It costs soooo much more to change later....

What will be you main purpose of the Jeep? Off road, beach, highway commute.. Get the right one for you.

I did a lot of research before I bought my 2013 JKUR, and got all that I wanted. And I am glad I did...
When you have your list ready, then it's a good time to shop price. Dealerships will compete hard to get a sale. Even with little or no profit, sometimes. And if they have something on the lot sitting too long, they will have to pay interest on THEIR financing, so it's possible to get the price down even further. That's how I bought mine, and it saved me at least $1.500 or more.

Last edited by GoRemote; 12-18-2012 at 06:11 PM.
Old 12-18-2012, 06:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

My 2013 Sahara came with steering wheel audio controls and I didn't order the connectivity package. Hope that helps!
Old 12-18-2012, 07:45 PM
JK Freak

Define of what you mean audio controls on the steering wheel ??

If I'm correct every wrangler now comes standard with the audio controls on the back of the steering wheel. I dunno could be right or wrong or maybe it's the 23S and up.

The additional buttons on the left side front of the steering wheel is for the connectivity package which is optional giving you the u connect, Bluetooth USB EVIC system.
Old 12-18-2012, 07:48 PM
JK Jedi

Received 107 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by Chadc880
Define of what you mean audio controls on the steering wheel ??

If I'm correct every wrangler now comes standard with the audio controls on the back of the steering wheel. I dunno could be right or wrong or maybe it's the 23S and up.

The additional buttons on the left side front of the steering wheel is for the connectivity package which is optional giving you the u connect, Bluetooth USB EVIC system.
I believe that is correct. I have the most basic model ie manual windows and locks and the 130 radio and it has the steering wheel audio controls.
Old 12-18-2012, 08:57 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by jadmt
I believe that is correct. I have the most basic model ie manual windows and locks and the 130 radio and it has the steering wheel audio controls.

Yeah, my 2013 sport has the audio controls on the steering wheel. Mine was stripped, the only option i got was a/c.
Old 12-19-2012, 01:27 AM
JK Newbie

Thanks for all the help guys! I was starting to believe that the audio controls were standard because they are never mentioned in any of the option packages.

Also, in regards to my desire for the Sahara. I was all for the Sport at first, but I took an Artic Edition out for a test drive last year and my fiance feel in love with the look of it, and as you know in order to get the body colour fenders and top you need the Sahara. (I know, I know, the Rubicon has it too... trust me I tried that on her, too much $$$ right now)

I'll be using this Jeep as my daily driver, but its also going to be doing some trails on the weekends. I plan on upgrading the wheels and tires within a year of the purchase.

My chances of test driving a Jeep with the 3.73 opt installed is pretty much non-existent. The city I live in only has 2 dealerships with a combined stock of maybe 30 Jeeps.

Through my work I get a preferred customer discount, there is also a holiday promotion on the go, at the end of the day I end up saving over $6k off the cost of the Jeep BEFORE tax!
Old 12-19-2012, 05:38 AM
JK Jedi

Received 107 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by Paul-NFLD
Thanks for all the help guys! I was starting to believe that the audio controls were standard because they are never mentioned in any of the option packages.

Also, in regards to my desire for the Sahara. I was all for the Sport at first, but I took an Artic Edition out for a test drive last year and my fiance feel in love with the look of it, and as you know in order to get the body colour fenders and top you need the Sahara. (I know, I know, the Rubicon has it too... trust me I tried that on her, too much $$$ right now)

I'll be using this Jeep as my daily driver, but its also going to be doing some trails on the weekends. I plan on upgrading the wheels and tires within a year of the purchase.

My chances of test driving a Jeep with the 3.73 opt installed is pretty much non-existent. The city I live in only has 2 dealerships with a combined stock of maybe 30 Jeeps.

Through my work I get a preferred customer discount, there is also a holiday promotion on the go, at the end of the day I end up saving over $6k off the cost of the Jeep BEFORE tax!
Let me give you some advise.....get exactly what you want before you get married cause after you get married your odds of getting want you want drop by about 80%. If your fiance is already controlling the purse strings you are in big trouble LOL.

Quick Reply: Which option group on the 2013 includes wheel mounted audio controls?