Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

To opt rubicon or not?

Old 07-26-2011, 07:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I went with the Rubicon based on the deal I got and the add ons. Lockers, 4:10 gears and 44 front end. I put a small lift and 35's. That will be the main changes. The stock 32's run great in the winter, the change over from hard top to soft top is not too painful and overall, I have a vehicle to go and do the things I want. I would love to do all the great trails in other states but around me, there is not many. That and I learned my lesson when I was younger. If you want to wheel it, plan on having to spend some money on it and working under it. This is my daily driver and I have some more payments to make. Still, I have waited long for my purchase and I reviewed all the things I would use it for and based on the deal - this was it. Brand new with zero miles - $30k. Minus $16k for the 3/4 ton diesel - this was a nice deal - for me and what I needed and wanted.
Besides - it is only money --
Mandor6863

Quick Reply: To opt rubicon or not?