Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Ok finished my first oil change

Old 05-17-2009, 08:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Ok finished my first oil change

What else do I need to do? Does Jiffy Lube actually lube something on the Jeep that I should be informed about, or is there anything else you can think of (besides topping off the fluids).
Old 05-17-2009, 08:27 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nope, as long as your still stock you should be good. Oil and filter change, top off fluids, I would check the air filter (seeing as this is your first oil chage I would think it would be good). Check the tire pressure ( I rotate every oil change personaly).
Old 05-17-2009, 08:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Just me, but I avoid Jiffy Lube like the Plague! I've watched them put the wrong oil in previous vehicles. I take mine to the Mopar garage (dealer) for all the maintenance.
Yeah, and if you're in Arlington, I'd plan on changing the air filter every other oil change. my $.02
Old 05-18-2009, 07:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sniper41
You should be good but, is this the vehicles first or 1st time you've done it personally? I believe there may be grease fittings but I didn't look for any since I'm only a 5k mileage.
It's both my first DIY oil change and the jeeps first oil change. I'll take a look at the air filter next change.
Old 05-18-2009, 07:08 AM
JK Super Freak

congrats feels good huh? you actually KNOW what was done to your jeep
Old 05-18-2009, 07:11 AM
JK Jedi

No grease fittings anywhere on a stock Jk. I know... ridiculous.
Old 05-18-2009, 08:09 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by wilywillie
Just me, but I avoid Jiffy Lube like the Plague! I've watched them put the wrong oil in previous vehicles.

Agreed, those quick change oil places can be hit or miss. When I see them pull a hose and use it to pump oil from some big oil resevoir into my car I'd be worried. How do you know that's the right oil for your car? Because they said so? How do you even know if it's Valvoline or Penzoil? Because it's marked on the hose holder? Right and no automotive shop would ever buy cheap bulk grade oil that is the wrong viscosity and put it in their filler tank to save a few bucks and up their profit, . . .would they?

Frankly when it comes to Wranglers my philosophy is "If you're not doing your own maintenance, you're not really a Jeep owner."

Quick Reply: Ok finished my first oil change