Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Oil Filter Housing Replaced - Engine light won't clear

Old 09-17-2024, 06:03 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oil Filter Housing Replaced - Engine light won't clear

Hey all. Had my 2016 JK oil filter housing replaced (120k miles) because it was leaking oil. Apparently this is a common issue but hasnt been recalled. Anyway, when doing so, my mechanic opted not to replace the electrical connector for the oil pressure switch because it appeared to be in good shape. (He's more a chevy guy but hes a good guy and hooks me up...) He put everything back together and tried to clear the code for the engine light. Wouldn't go off so he thought driving it 20 miles might correct itself. Still no luck.

Its reading code P06DA - which won't pass for emissions check in the county where it's registered.

Is the most likely reason that the engine light won't turn off because he skipped replacing the pigtail? If so he said he'll install the pigtail but he wasn't sure and wanted me to see if I could find out before taking it apart again.

I appreciate the help in advanced!

Last edited by NatteyB; 09-17-2024 at 06:06 PM.
Old Yesterday, 06:20 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,933 Likes on 1,692 Posts

Was the oil pressure sensor replaced with the new housing unit? I don't recall noticing the wiring harness being an issue with this code in the past. Here are the pages out of the service manual for that specific code. Was this code on before the new unit was installed? The common oil leak there isn't typically accompanied by any codes.

Quick Reply: Oil Filter Housing Replaced - Engine light won't clear