Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Oh S***, what next?

Old 09-14-2010, 03:57 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oh S***, what next?

So I have had my Rubicon for a little over a year now and aside from losing my job and not being able to do the mods I would like, I've had plenty of off road time with it so far. I have not had one complaint and it can pretty much climb, tackle every obstacle that my friends 'soup up' rigs were doing with no mods. About 2 weeks ago while coming off of a trail and onto the main road, I hit the switch and turned off my lockers and sway bar disco. My rear lockers would not disengage. No matter what I tried, I ended up driving home very slowly. The dealer had it for the next couple of days and ended up just "rebuilding" my whole rear end. I picked it up and played around with it in the parking lot and sure enough the lockers were able to turn on and off. This past weekend I hit the trails again. Now my rear locker will not engage and once my sway bar disco. it engaged it will not disengage (well the light will not stop flashing). I drop it off at the dealer yesterday and get it back today. They replaced the entire swing arm assembly and replaced a sensor on the rear locker. All warranty of course and thank God for that!!! The estimated price on my invoice was $1800+.

I'm just wondering when and if these 'off road' issues are going to stop prior to my warranty expiring. After having several off road vehicles over the years and been off roading in several different states for the past 14+ years, I'm wondering if Jeep makes an off road vehicle that can go off road, or is it up to us to modify it ourselves to prevent this BS.

Scott
Old 09-14-2010, 04:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

One of the many reasons I would rather build an ( X or Sport ) instead of dealing with the rubicons "electric everything".
Old 09-14-2010, 04:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by benny
One of the many reasons I would rather build an ( X or Sport ) instead of dealing with the rubicons "electric everything".
Kind of my thought on the whole thing. Mine will SLOWLY get built until it is out of warranty and won't see too much off road action until then, but after that I will modify my sport how I see fit and have a nice not abused Jeep to build up.
Old 09-14-2010, 04:26 PM
JK Freak

That's why I got a JK Unlimited X . Build it my way.
Old 09-14-2010, 04:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

*lemon law feeling arising*

Quick Reply: Oh S***, what next?