Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

OEM Sirius/Nav Head Unit to replace OEM NON-Sirius/Nav

Old 02-03-2020, 07:24 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile OEM Sirius/Nav Head Unit to replace OEM NON-Sirius/Nav

Hello,

Sorry if this question has at all been repeated before, I've searched the forums with no luck on getting a solid answer.

I have a 2015 JK with the stock 130 radio (no Sirius, no Nav, only AUX). I was wondering if the stock head unit from a 2016 JK would be plug and play (it has nav, sirius, cd, etc.). I don't care for the sirius, so I don't mind if that won't function.

Thanks
Old 02-03-2020, 07:56 AM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

You'll need the anti-theft code from the other unit and you shouldn't be paying more than $20 for that radio......$50 if you absolutely must have it. I've seen them thrown away because they won't sell at $20.
Old 02-03-2020, 07:57 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you very much! I'm trying to get it for around $50 .
Old 02-03-2020, 08:36 AM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

They'll need to contact a dealer with their part number and VIN to get you the code. Alternatively you could try hacking away and may eventually get it figured out. I've always found it easier to get them to call the parts dept and retrieve the code for me.

Quick Reply: OEM Sirius/Nav Head Unit to replace OEM NON-Sirius/Nav