Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

OEM battery--no separate warranty??

Old 07-19-2009, 03:02 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have Optimas in my vehicles and always have had good luck with them. My JK battery dies after about 6 months and it gave me an excuse to put a yellow top in it and its been great ever since (about 18 months). My son routinely cranks the stereo and drains the battery while he's hanging out with his friends. He just jumps it and it recharges and he's fine (the yellow top is a deep cycle and is made to be drained without damage).
Old 07-29-2009, 01:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Mine just died after less than 18 months. No warning and wouldn't hold a charge.

Didn't even want to try the dealer. Instead bought a 1000 CA battery from Costco for $68 with a three year warranty.
Old 07-30-2009, 06:41 PM
JK Freak

When mine was new, I pulled the battery and installed an Optima Yellow Top. I put the JK battery in my TJ. It lasted a little over a year.
Old 07-30-2009, 06:52 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When my battery dies I'm going for a yellow top. The stock battery is barely capable of handling a bone stock JK. Add premium stereo, e-discos, etc. you're going to blow the thing quickly. 50,000 miles is a really long time though.

Quick Reply: OEM battery--no separate warranty??