Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

odometer in kilometers

Old 08-03-2023, 11:30 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default odometer in kilometers

Moved from Canada to the US in 2016 with my 2010 JK.
Having the speedometer and odometer in kilometers was not an issue for me, but now I am getting ready to sell.
1. Would this be an issue for an American buyer?
2. What is involved in having it converted? I am assuming the digital odometer can be reprogrammed (at a dealership). The speedometer is an analog dial with kilometers in large print and miles in small print. Changing that would require replacing the whole instrument panel. Has anyone done this? What did it cost?

Thanks!
Old 08-03-2023, 06:58 PM
Super Moderator

Received 480 Likes on 431 Posts

Ah!!! Its time the last imperial measurement country in the world changed - a lot of countries have done that change already and it is not too bad. Seriously though - schools in the USA have taught metric for a while so if the buyer is younger they should be able to handle the conversion mentally.
The conversion would require a new face in the speedo but not sure if there is software to convert it over.Talk to a friendly dealer parts or service guy.

Quick Reply: odometer in kilometers