Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

O2 sensor connector, stupid problem

Old 04-24-2011, 02:22 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default O2 sensor connector, stupid problem

Hey folks! Been trolling around here for a while and am just now posting. Of course it's when I run into a problem :P

I'm trying to replace two O2 sensors, and the one below the cat is really tucked in and hard to get to. I'm trying to remove the electrical connector by using a long screwdriver, in an attempt to lift the little plastic notch thing up with it so they'll pull apart, but it just won't freakin' come off. There's not enough room for my screwdriver, hands, and leverage to pull on each, and it's damaging the connector itself the more I try. Also I'm a little afraid it's going to pull the wires out of the good side the more I move it around. Probably a stupid question, but is there some kind of tool made for removing these things easier when you don't have room? Anyone run into this w/o having to tear things apart?

Thanks ahead of time, you guys rock!

Quick Reply: O2 sensor connector, stupid problem