Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

not so good vibrations

Old 10-23-2007, 08:15 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah mines at the dealer as i type...i will let you know.
Old 10-23-2007, 08:24 AM
JK Junkie

I'll add my $.02: Mine does this too. Can't tell you for sure what RPM's I'm holding when it happens, but it's at the same point every time. I just figured it was an idiosyncrasy for this drivetrain, but it's never worried me.
Old 10-23-2007, 12:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

MJS; good to know, it doesn't really bother me either, just when its new ya wonder, and I hate the steelerships, My last rig never saw the steeler once only the day I took it home.
Old 10-23-2007, 02:36 PM
JK Freak

yeah i hate dealerships also and i work at one. It snot a jeep dealer but..anywho. Just got the jeep back from the dealer. Same answer. They all do it. They also did not fix my squeeling noise i have which is why i had it there. They told me i had dirt in my axle from driving down a dirt road and it was making noise!!! hahaha good one. I left and 10 feet down the road its squealing. I asked the service writer if i had to come back in for service every time i took my "4x4 jeep" down a dirt road and he shrugged his shoulders. sorry to thread jack..venting.
Old 10-24-2007, 05:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

good venting, well now we know, all JK's must vibrate a little, they should have a BSB on that... So did they say why all JK's do it?????
Old 11-15-2007, 08:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

Any many updates on there vibrations??? Im taking my Jeep in tomorrow to have the same thing looked at and I was just wondering if there was anything in particular they could be looking for.
Old 11-15-2007, 09:08 PM
JK Freak

mine does it too... now that i put the 35s that is. i had them powder balance, replaced rims, re-powder balanced, sold the spacers (since my new rims have less backspacing anyway) and i still get it a bit. not enough to bother me. a heavy duty steering stabilizer helped a bit, and i'm wondering if a dual stabilizer set up would help it more. i've also heard that setting a bit more toe in the front helps too... but i haven't tried it so if you try it you do so at your own risk, and please let us all know how well if at all it worked.
Old 11-15-2007, 09:24 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Mine doesn't vibrate, it's an auto, Ask that stupid dealer if every Chrysler vehicle on his lot does it, see what he says then, tell them to fix it , if it doesn't get fixed , bring it back three more times that week and lemon law them till u get a new one or they fix it. That is unless u lifted it or modded it yourself.
Old 11-16-2007, 08:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

Mine wouldnt bother me if it didnt seem like its right where I try and keep the speed all the time. Plus I would go for the lemon law if they cant fix it but my Jeep already has 16,000 miles on it. Im thinking it has something to do with when they did the TSB for the throw out bearing because it wasnt til after that did I start to notice my vibrations. I guess I will know for sure later today since I dropped my Jeep off this morning.

Quick Reply: not so good vibrations