Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Noise from underneath....

Old 05-18-2010, 07:24 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vibration noise

Today I crawled under my 07 unlimited and found 4 loose bolts on both the exhaust flanges where the exhaust pipes come up and meet the exhaust manifolds. Not easy but tightened them, no more vibration type noises on startup. Craig
Old 05-19-2010, 08:20 AM
JK Freak

i had a very similar issue w/ my JK, i turned out to be a broken tack weld on the heat shield nearest to the catalyc conveter/s. i took into the dealership a couple of weeks ago & htey fixed the issue at no co$t.
Old 05-19-2010, 10:11 AM
JK Freak

are you sure you diddnt just scoop up some pebbles with your skid plate.

the tcase skid plate is very good at holding mud and rocks cause of its high walls.

and since you said it happened after draging it than that would be the opprotunity to catch a few
Old 05-19-2010, 10:32 AM
JK Freak

Check out the video below. That isn't the noise you are talking about is it?

h ttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7EGVQLlDeM
Old 05-29-2010, 06:13 AM
DJR
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mkjeep
Check the welds on the crossover exhaust pipe heat shield , one little broke weld makes it sound like you got tranny probs when you gas it. On mine one broke , I pryed it away with a screwdriver, no more noise. A month later, same thing, next weld. Check also the u-bolts that clamp your exhaust together.
I had the same noise under the Jeep and the shop that was doing the work said they just removed the heat shield (they said a tack weld failed). Is that going to cause me any problems down the road??

Quick Reply: Noise from underneath....