Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

no owners manual?

Old 11-30-2009, 12:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got one for my '08 off e-bay for 30 bucks
Old 11-30-2009, 04:33 PM
JK Super Freak

you can buy them from jeep direct for 25 bucks so i wouldn't go to ebay. this post is because the 2010 does not come with a printed manual. it only has a dvd and a small quick refference guide.
Old 11-30-2009, 04:59 PM
JK Newbie

Location: Memphis, TN (originally and eventually Lake Charles, LA)

Originally Posted by Spyderman64
I asked my dealer about getting a Wrangler sales brochure for a friend and was told that Chrysler wouldn't be sending them any. The info would only be available on the Jeep website.
THis is insane!! Is this a nationwide policy? Sales brochure? I guess whatever it takes to keep Chrysler afloat. That's just low rent. Not to mention not getting a freaking manual. I mean what happens if you need to check something spur of the moment and don't have the nav to play your DVD owners manual? Even if you do, I would feel like such a douchebag putting a DVD in to see what torx wrench I need for something.
Old 11-30-2009, 05:05 PM
JK Newbie

Location: Memphis, TN (originally and eventually Lake Charles, LA)

Originally Posted by codysanders
i bought a new 2010 and was wondering if this was the first year for a dvd owners manual? i have a small quick refference guide and then a dvd for the full manual. this sucks and i hate it is there a way to get a book type manual. i hate the penny pinching that chrysler does. sorry had to vent and yes i do read the manual when i get a new auto lol sure i am in the minority.
I read the manual too. Here's the question, though. I don't know what the chrysler policy is, but what do you do when you want to certify that your vehicle was appropriately serviced at the proper intervals? I know that in my 09 there are spaces in the back of the owner's manual for the stealership service drones to sign/stamp at least ever 6000 miles for the relative service appointments. I don't know of a circumstance when such a thing would matter, especially since the lifetime warranty is now extinct, but dealerships are bastards about such matters.

I've also heard that maintaining those appointments in the back of the book by the dealership makes a difference in terms of resale. Not sure if this is true or not
Old 12-01-2009, 08:42 AM
JK Newbie

i bought a new 2010 and was wondering if this was the first year for a dvd owners manual? i have a small quick refference guide and then a dvd for the full manual. this sucks and i hate it is there a way to get a book type manual. i hate the penny pinching that chrysler does. sorry had to vent and yes i do read the manual when i get a new auto lol sure i am in the minority.
Strange. My 2010 came with a printed owner's manual. Does yours have MyGig (mine doesn't)?... I wonder if that's how they justify including a DVD instead of a printed manual.

With its various quirky and often non-intuitive features (tops & doors and supporting fasteners, brackets, wiring, etc.), the Wrangler seems like the worst candidate for skipping a readily-available manual.
Old 12-03-2009, 03:50 PM
JK Super Freak

i have everything but leather and upgraded radio (just got the infinity speakers). all i got was about a 10 page quick ref guide and a dvd for the full manual. the quick ref guide didn't even tell you how to activate 4 wheel drive let alone lockers or sway bar. heck it dosent say a word about the soft top either just the freedom panels and nothing on maintinance. are you sure that you didn't get the quick ref guide and no dvd?
Old 12-03-2009, 07:33 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can download a copy of the full printed manual and the printed quick guide included with the DVD at this link:

http://www.jeep.com/en/owners/manuals/index.html?

I'm still gonna call though.
Old 12-04-2009, 01:09 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I read somewhere (their own website maybe) that Chrysler's no longer issuing printed manuals in order to prove their green credentials, as it'll save X thousand acres of forest per year by not using paper and is environmentally responsible.

Seriously, I didn't make this up!
Old 12-06-2009, 07:28 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by ry329
If you are the first registered retail owner of your vehicle.
You may obtain a FREE printed copy ot the owners manual
by calling 1-800-992-1997 (U.S.) or 1-800-387-1143 (Canada)

THANK YOU !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am finding out there is ALOT of stuff that is NOT on the dvd vs the manual, THANKS again!
Old 12-08-2009, 11:51 AM
JK Newbie

i have everything but leather and upgraded radio (just got the infinity speakers). all i got was about a 10 page quick ref guide and a dvd for the full manual. the quick ref guide didn't even tell you how to activate 4 wheel drive let alone lockers or sway bar. heck it dosent say a word about the soft top either just the freedom panels and nothing on maintinance. are you sure that you didn't get the quick ref guide and no dvd?
Apologize for taking so long to respond. Very strange that they would give you a DVD-based manual even when the vehicle itself has no DVD player.

I definitely received the full ~500 page, 1/2" thick printed owner's manual with my 2010. I've referred to it many times already. Guess mine is an early enough build (September?) that I avoided the cutoff.

Quick Reply: no owners manual?