Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

No more 4.10 on Rubi Automatic?

Old 03-07-2013, 03:13 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by abqtj
I noticed this changed just within the past week or two on their site. Got mine yesterday, though, with 4.10's
Well, it is complicating my decision on whether or not to upgrade to a 2013 or a 2014. I don't need any more indecision; or at least I don't think I do. Then again...
Old 03-07-2013, 07:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

The 4.10 gears, 3.6 engine, 6 speed, and stock rubi tires make for some gas sucking high rpm's on the highway. First gear is pretty much useless. I tell myself it will be worth it later, if I get bigger tires. Although I like the fact that I can merge onto the highway in racecar fashion. If your keeping it stock 3.73 is the way to go.

I imagine pressure to keep mpg numbers up is a driving factor in the change. The Rubicon with 4.10's gets like 20% less mpg than what's advertised for the wrangler.
Old 03-07-2013, 07:07 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Rubi_Chill
The 4.10 gears, 3.6 engine, 6 speed, and stock rubi tires make for some gas sucking high rpm's on the highway. First gear is pretty much useless. I tell myself it will be worth it later, if I get bigger tires. Although I like the fact that I can merge onto the highway in racecar fashion. If your keeping it stock 3.73 is the way to go.

I imagine pressure to keep mpg numbers up is a driving factor in the change. The Rubicon with 4.10's gets like 20% less mpg than what's advertised for the wrangler.
Sorry but jeeps are designed for off road utility #1. If you want fuel economy buy a pris!! This is especially true if buying a rubicon...the main reason for a rubicon is for increase off road ability (lockers, d44, 4:1 races etc...). Not having 4.10 standard on rubicon is plain stupid!!!!!
Old 03-07-2013, 07:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

The feds make the mpg rules and they don't offroad much.

Most buyers don't even know what raitio they have until they get bigger tires and then it sucks. Then they realize they should have spent $50 for 3.73 instead of $1000 for a regear.

It would be fun to know the real reason for the change.

Quick Reply: No more 4.10 on Rubi Automatic?