Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

NO Low washer fluid warning? WTF?

Old 03-01-2012, 03:39 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What ever happened to checking your own fluids.
Reminds me. I need another beer.
Old 03-01-2012, 04:00 PM
JK Newbie

Where do you fill washer fluid at on a 2012?
Old 03-02-2012, 10:16 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jeepmojo
or it will have a blueish color water spashing around !
It won't easy to identify if it's empty. Also since there's no warning light one can't tell that it's the washer fluid that's empty. It could be the power steering fluid is gone or the maybe the radiator is low on fluid. How can one tell without explicit directions, like an owner's manual of some type? Maybe there should be one idiot light - "READ THE OWNER'S MANUAL" that flashes on and off until you actually find the instruction in the owner's manual on how to disable the light.

Unless, of course, someone starts a thread on here asking "How do I disable the READ THE OWNER'S MANUAL light - WTF?"

Old 03-04-2012, 03:17 AM
JK Newbie

Default Agree with my fellow Canadian

It is obvious that very few of you have any experience driving in Canadian winter conditions, it is not uncommon to fill the washer fluid tank 2 to 3 times on a single tank of gas. Sure there is no problem routinely checking the washer fluid level with a visual inspection and most instances this is fine. However for highway driving it is a hazard not having a warning light for a low fluid level. For instance, I regularly travel between Quebec City, QC and Fredericton, NB and in both my Wrangler and Grand Caravan I can do that trip on a single tank of gas. The difference is I have to stop in the jeep to check washer fluid levels or risk running dry and be in a hazardous condition. This is not good when I have my wife and 2 kids with me. In the Grand Caravan I get a warning of a low fluid level and can then safely get off the road for a refill at the next exit. Many of you mentioned all the vehicles you ever owned never had a washer fluid warning light. I have never had a vehicle that didn't until my 2011 wrangler.
Old 03-04-2012, 04:33 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I used to fill my WRX washer fluid once every two weeks. The JK's washer tank is HUGE. And I can tell when the washer fluid is getting low when you start to hear the washer motor make a low pitched whine when spraying your windows. If its empty, it will be LOUD. Prolly isn't good for the washer motor lol.

I just fill it up every oil change, but during winter... I will check it every other week if my hood isn't iced shut.
Old 03-04-2012, 07:57 AM
JK Newbie

Default Writeup coming soon......

Personally it drives me bonkers not knowing the windshield washer fluid level and I feel it was a HUGE oversight on Jeeps part by not including a sensor. And since I go so insane worrying about it, I am going to install a float switch in the tank and one of these bad boys right on the dash so I will never be caught off guard again

http://www.wolfautomation.com/produc...te-rt-e-series
Old 03-04-2012, 10:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by arx237
Personally it drives me bonkers not knowing the windshield washer fluid level and I feel it was a HUGE oversight on Jeeps part by not including a sensor. And since I go so insane worrying about it, I am going to install a float switch in the tank and one of these bad boys right on the dash so I will never be caught off guard again

http://www.wolfautomation.com/produc...te-rt-e-series
lmao! That's funny.
Old 03-04-2012, 10:09 AM
JK Newbie

This is a real pain in the ass, I have also NEVER owned a vehicle with out that dummy light. Even my dads olds Omega from 82 had a light for this...

All the superstars that say this doesnt matter check it every oil change are clearly not living in an area that gets a proper winter and should go back to spending there energy coordinating shirt colors with each other.
Old 03-04-2012, 11:17 AM
JK Newbie

Been in Cleveland my entire life,never had a car WITH a warning light.Stop whining and check your fluid ever now and than.
Old 03-04-2012, 12:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

I'm in Edmonton, you should know when its needed.
They call it a dummy light for a reason.

Quick Reply: NO Low washer fluid warning? WTF?