Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

NO Low washer fluid warning? WTF?

Old 01-22-2009, 05:56 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I love reading this thread.
Old 01-22-2009, 06:03 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

a bottle costs about 1.00 here in GA... if you need it that bad... and you use that much keep some with you...

OR

run the tube into the cab of the jeep to the passneger floor well so that you can interchange bottles of washer fluid without pulling over. Then you can recycle the 30-40 empty bottles from your trip to work for cash for jeep mods!

honestly... i dont see the issue... now if there was not a gas gauge ... i could see that being an issue.
Old 01-22-2009, 01:33 PM
JK Newbie

I still think the OP has a point. This thread has just turned into a pissing contest with everyone saying a real man doesn't need this light. Yada, yada...

I've been burnt a couple times because my wife doesn't check squat on the Jeep and I jump in to go to hockey or whatever in a hurry and go to clean the windshield on the highway and got nothing. So a light when I start it up would be nice.

I wish my wife would check the fluid levels more often since she can use washer fluid like crazy and never bother to re-fill. It's not needed but would be nice in my case.

And, please let this thread die.
Old 01-22-2009, 02:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by lockec
I still think the OP has a point. This thread has just turned into a pissing contest with everyone saying a real man doesn't need this light. Yada, yada...

I've been burnt a couple times because my wife doesn't check squat on the Jeep and I jump in to go to hockey or whatever in a hurry and go to clean the windshield on the highway and got nothing. So a light when I start it up would be nice.

I wish my wife would check the fluid levels more often since she can use washer fluid like crazy and never bother to re-fill. It's not needed but would be nice in my case.

And, please let this thread die.
That's easy to fix.

If its your jeep I would not let her drive it until she learns to check the fluid level after heavy use.

If its hers and you just can't get here to check it, you have a responsibility as the husband to check it for her once a week and top it off.

And for god sakes throw a full jug in the back during the winter.....
Old 01-22-2009, 03:51 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by derff96963
That's easy to fix.

If its your jeep I would not let her drive it until she learns to check the fluid level after heavy use.

If its hers and you just can't get here to check it, you have a responsibility as the husband to check it for her once a week and top it off.

And for god sakes throw a full jug in the back during the winter.....
It's the family vehicle, I'm just saying you don't always have time to check.

And, I prefer her not checking under the hood
Old 01-22-2009, 04:34 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Brisnut
Sorry this ain't a BDSM forum, if you can't handle the heat stay out of the kitchen mate
Hoses & funnels, reminds me of stories of many guys doing long distance outback driving used to refill their empty beer bottles while driving to avoid having to stop for a piss, then throw them out the window, one road was called the glitter highway due to this. While living at a country pub I met a guy who had gone one further by installing a funnel and hose that went through a hole in the floor under the seat. He even made it long enough for the passenger to use.
BDSM? heat? you need to lay off those dirty websites they are bad for you.
Old 01-22-2009, 04:35 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you know the dodge caravan has a low washer light

i cant under stand if almost all washer fluid bottles are 3.78 to 4 litres in size, why is it the reservoir only holds 3.54L

why couldn't they make it hold the entire jug?
Old 01-22-2009, 04:40 PM
JK Junkie

i still don't understand... would somebody post a picture of these windshield that you apparently can't even see through???

hell, i dont even use my windshield wipers half the time when its raining. i just dont understand what would cause the heavy AND frequent use of fluid... it sounds like you wipe the windshield and it immediately gets filthy again... to a point you can't see

Last edited by 07JKX; 01-23-2009 at 04:19 AM.
Old 01-22-2009, 04:46 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by WRAITHYJEEP
you know the dodge caravan has a low washer light

i cant under stand if almost all washer fluid bottles are 3.78 to 4 litres in size, why is it the reservoir only holds 3.54L

Your reservoir doesnt take a whole bottle? My '08 will take the whole bottle (3.78L) and it will still take a little bit more.
Old 01-22-2009, 04:51 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 171 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by WRAITHYJEEP

Originally Posted by Adam3612
Your reservoir doesnt take a whole bottle? My '08 will take the whole bottle (3.78L) and it will still take a little bit more.
Maybe his doesn't hold as much because the optional fluid level sensor takes up some room.

Quick Reply: NO Low washer fluid warning? WTF?