Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

No longer whistling Dixie

Old 09-07-2009, 05:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No longer whistling Dixie

I had the dealer replace the header bow and now the wind noise is greatly decreased and the whistling has stopped! The part number is "68049276AB header-folding top". I only had to say that there was a lot of wind noise and the tip whistles. If you have the old header bow, be sure to get this replaced before your warranty runs out.

Before: notice the black line just above the windshield frame. This is the gap with the header bow slightly rasied above the windshield.

Now, here is is after header bow replacement. Notice that there is no longer the gap and the topd sits level with the top of the widshield frame. The difference is subtle but makes a big difference.
Old 09-07-2009, 09:35 AM
JK Super Freak

Thanks. I'm going to head over to my dealership and talk to them about this. Thanks for the part number.

Question:

-At highway speeds (65-75) can you actually hear your passenger talk to you now?
Old 09-07-2009, 12:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Just a quick note, it is under TSB# 23-010-09 Rev A. You must report wind noise, but it actually fixed my leaks too.
Old 09-07-2009, 12:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks going to have that fixed now.
Old 09-07-2009, 02:50 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by mvnolan
Just a quick note, it is under TSB# 23-010-09 Rev A. You must report wind noise, but it actually fixed my leaks too.
Same and my dealer said you he had to search wind-noise not wind noise if they can't find it that may be worth a shot.

This worked but I still hate my dealer, I did not buy from them.

Quick Reply: No longer whistling Dixie