Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

No Highway Power

Old 02-28-2010, 10:41 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dog Doc
Following this thread and this most likely is a stupid question...but I will ask anyway!
Is it hard on my jeep to run the rpm's around 3000rpm to keep up with the local traffic for a long period of time? That is 3.73's, auto, overdrive off with heavy 33" tires...
Nope, that's still only half of redline. I do it also, and even go well above that using 4th gear when climbing steep hills on the freeway (manual trans).
Old 02-28-2010, 03:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for all the good info guys!!!
Old 03-01-2010, 04:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Did about 8 hours of driving over the mountains last weekend and ran into something interesting.. my '10 sahara 6-speed has cruise control... dont look at me like that... anyway, I noticed that if i get it up to speed (75mph) and lock in the Cruise, the computer will get my RPMs up to 2.5 or so and keep the speed (in 6th gear) even on some decent hills; however, if i try to do the same thing without cruise, i lose speed so fast i have to downshift, and in 5th i really only maintain (based on the hill obviously) rather than accelerate. just an interesting thing IMO..
Old 03-01-2010, 04:55 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by murdoc319
Did about 8 hours of driving over the mountains last weekend and ran into something interesting.. my '10 sahara 6-speed has cruise control... dont look at me like that... anyway, I noticed that if i get it up to speed (75mph) and lock in the Cruise, the computer will get my RPMs up to 2.5 or so and keep the speed (in 6th gear) even on some decent hills; however, if i try to do the same thing without cruise, i lose speed so fast i have to downshift, and in 5th i really only maintain (based on the hill obviously) rather than accelerate. just an interesting thing IMO..
The computer mustv be flooring it to maint speed. I find that with the 6spd and 3.21s, cruise control gets about 2mpg worse because u can't downshift and it just floors it to maintain spd.

I really wish I had gotten 3.73 option on mine.

Quick Reply: No Highway Power