Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

No back seat security

Old 06-12-2014, 08:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default No back seat security

Recently removed my rear seat. & I noticed the amount if space. But I was concerned with security if valuable items in the rear (in my case & 200 sub & a 100 amplifier.) & was wondering besides the security thing you buy that covers the rear if there is any other options. ( sorry but I'm cheap and will not spend 200+ for a security cover if there's other options)
Old 06-13-2014, 03:45 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

im not sure what type of sub you have.. I have the Mopar kicker sub.. it has a metal bracket that clips to the back set.. I drilled a hole in that bracket and put a padlock through it and into the seat loop when the seat is in.

when the seat is out I have a short cable I run through one of the floor loops and into the sub and padlock it..

it wont keep the serious thieves out but it does keep the random "im a badass punk kid and gonna steal a sub" out which is 90% of who does that..
ive not had it touch yet and I often leave my jeep parked with the top down...

my amp is up under the dash bolted into the metal so it would be tough to get..
-Christopher
Old 06-13-2014, 03:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JeepaRoo
im not sure what type of sub you have.. I have the Mopar kicker sub.. it has a metal bracket that clips to the back set.. I drilled a hole in that bracket and put a padlock through it and into the seat loop when the seat is in.

when the seat is out I have a short cable I run through one of the floor loops and into the sub and padlock it..

it wont keep the serious thieves out but it does keep the random "im a badass punk kid and gonna steal a sub" out which is 90% of who does that..
ive not had it touch yet and I often leave my jeep parked with the top down...

my amp is up under the dash bolted into the metal so it would be tough to get..
-Christopher
I do similar with anything expensive (freedom top, guns, ect).
Old 06-13-2014, 04:46 AM
JK Newbie

I installed a locked, cabled, strapped Yeti cooler which is rated Bear Proof when the two hood locks are on. This gives me a cooler when needed plus a secure lock box when desired.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3452652684.jpg
Views:	217
Size:	56.9 KB
ID:	559353  
Old 06-13-2014, 06:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JeepaRoo
im not sure what type of sub you have.. I have the Mopar kicker sub.. it has a metal bracket that clips to the back set.. I drilled a hole in that bracket and put a padlock through it and into the seat loop when the seat is in. when the seat is out I have a short cable I run through one of the floor loops and into the sub and padlock it.. it wont keep the serious thieves out but it does keep the random "im a badass punk kid and gonna steal a sub" out which is 90% of who does that.. ive not had it touch yet and I often leave my jeep parked with the top down... my amp is up under the dash bolted into the metal so it would be tough to get.. -Christopher
ill take some pictures & show you guys
Old 06-13-2014, 07:19 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Bolt it into the tub and put the nuts on the underside. Too much work for someone to steal. There was some british company that had a security product that would sense someone try to break in and some serious voltage through the body of the vehicle. That would work!
Old 06-13-2014, 07:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-811506219.jpg
Views:	217
Size:	55.3 KB
ID:	559360

Works for me
Old 06-13-2014, 09:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

Please tell me you didn't buy a Wrangler for security, especially if you run a soft top. After having many vehicles broken into over the years, I just don't leave anything I can stand loosing ever in my vehicles anymore.
Old 06-13-2014, 09:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by corupt1
Please tell me you didn't buy a Wrangler for security, especially if you run a soft top. After having many vehicles broken into over the years, I just don't leave anything I can stand loosing ever in my vehicles anymore.
I didn't buy it for security, but having a $300 sound system exposed in the back just makes me worried. Theft isn't a huge issue in my area, but as stated by someone else I worry about the random punk that goes walking by & is feeling tough.
Old 06-13-2014, 09:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

My Jeep doors are never locked because I would rather someone open the door to find nothing in my Jeep than to cut a $1000 soft top and still find nothing.

That said, if I ever have to move something of value (tools, computer, guns, etc) I usually just tuck it out of the way and throw a jacket or blanket over it. If someone is walking by and notices a big tool box, they might be willing to open up the tailgate and take a look. But if it just looks like a pile of clothes or blankets, I don't think they will be so eager.

Quick Reply: No back seat security