Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Nitrogeon in tires make a great Ride

Old 09-23-2009, 03:00 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well if we are worrying about 1 or 2 psi differnce, whos air gauge is really that accurate anyway?? good ol air is fine with me!
Old 09-25-2009, 11:54 AM
JK Newbie

hell of a battle ... well done ... you guys seen the new prototype no air tires that have instead a internal skeleton?
Old 09-25-2009, 03:11 PM
JK Freak

I really don't want to keep this going, but..... I just take a set of these and not worry about it.
Old 09-25-2009, 05:00 PM
JK Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by BigJeschke
I really don't want to keep this going, but..... I just take a set of these and not worry about it.
But how do I air-down for crawling?

(and no nifty green or chrome valve covers to show I got took )

but seriously, those look pretty wild, I wonder what the road noise is like. I bet loud.
Old 09-25-2009, 05:36 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BigJeschke
Whew! I'd be afraid I'd come out one morning and find a bunch of giant bumble bees in my tire.
Old 09-25-2009, 06:49 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Easyryder01
I was at the dealer today ordering the new top for my rig (under warranty) and they just recieved this morning a Bosch Nitrogeon machine that connects all 4 tires (optional is for the spare) at one time and it empties and inflates the tires on your car a couple of times untill you have 100% nitro in your tires. Apparently the machine which is about $8,000 makes it's own nitro. Not bad I must say so myself. So I and the service manager were the guinea pigs to see if there was any change at all and the only thing I noticed was that the ride got a little softer. Don't ask me why but that was the only difference I saw so far. I will keep you guys posted if the gas mileage changes too. I hope !!!
Henry's Law of Solubilities and Fick's Law of Diffusion in action... O2 molecules are smaller than N2 molecules.. Thus O2 permeates faster than N2 through rubber.

However, gas pressure is gas pressure regardless of the gas. The ONLY reason your Jeep seems to ride softer is that the gas pressure is now less than what it was before you had the tires purged and filled with N2.

My regards,

Widewing
Old 09-25-2009, 06:50 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by mkjeep
Whew! I'd be afraid I'd come out one morning and find a bunch of giant bumble bees in my tire.
Or those voids get filled with mud and it vibrates you blind.....

My regards,

Widewing
Old 09-25-2009, 07:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Widewing
Or those voids get filled with mud and it vibrates you blind.....

My regards,

Widewing
I think they're actually pretty cool. One of my mechanical engineering professors was a big "compliant mechanism" buff, so I'm sure he absolutely loves the things. If I remember correctly, the initial prototypes were made without sidewalls so they could show off how the internals work, but the production versions were supposed to have sidewalls. There definitely wouldn't be any airing down, though.
Old 09-26-2009, 09:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

The best businesses in the world, are selling air, water, rocks, and sand. Who wouda thought?
Old 09-26-2009, 09:41 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by RobtTxRubi
The best businesses in the world, are selling air, water, rocks, and sand. Who wouda thought?
I've always hated buying ice........

Quick Reply: Nitrogeon in tires make a great Ride