Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Nitrogeon in tires make a great Ride

Old 06-26-2009, 09:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't know about feeling the diff. between nitro or oxge? This is on the same idea of which is heavier 1lb hammer or a 1lb of feathers. You are still putting the same air pressure in the tire.

Is this a trick question?:rotflmao 2:
Old 06-26-2009, 09:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by robin
the biggest benefit of nitro is to those who sell it
You hit hit the hammer on the nail.
Old 06-26-2009, 09:53 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think I'm gonna put bullshit in my tires. Or maybe just hook my compressor up to a cow's ass and fill up my tank.
Old 06-26-2009, 06:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

Well my air is still holding, and the ride is still just as good when I filled it myself with the nitro. Or as others are calling it " COW SHIT "
Old 06-26-2009, 06:37 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Easyryder01
Well my air is still holding, and the ride is still just as good when I filled it myself with the nitro. Or as others are calling it " COW SHIT "
Ok, a little time for Bovine 101.

A Cow is a female bovine that had one or more calves.
A Heifer is a female bovine that hasn't born calves.
A Steer is a male that has been (moment of silence) castrated.
A Bull is a male that has all parts still attached.

Now, do you really want to put COW excremental in you tires or do you want to stick with the real, non-nitrogen, no bull shit, well, OK - BULL SHIT!!???

There's plenty on this forum to fill everyone's tires!
Old 06-26-2009, 07:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

I filled my four corners with helium....I float over all obstacles now! I could've saved tons of money on lift and skid plates. DAMN!!! Hey, you think if I fill the spare with it I'll never need my hi lift and winch??
Old 06-26-2009, 07:34 PM
JK Freak

Default wow

didn't read it all,

N2 has less water vapour in it so there is less mostuire = less rust (steel rim) and less tire rot.

Don't pay for it, unless it is around 3 or 4 bucks.

The military uses it in all thier vechicles, so just a thought....
Old 06-30-2009, 06:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As an Army helicopter mechanic I can vouch for the benefits of nitro. We use it extensively. Yes, we have one of those high fangled machines that makes nitro. Nitrogen is an inert gas that DOES NOT expand or contract due to temperatures. When dealers "air down" the tires and refill with nitro, no matter what they do there will always be some air left in the tire. They would have to vacum the tire to the freakin rim all the way to remove all the air. We use it the tires on the aircraft. Our tires have inner tubes. When fully deflated, a inner tube has no space for air. When inflated, 100% nitrogen. You will never get 100% nitro in a passenger vehicle tire. We also you it in various electrical components and accumulators. Fill the component or tire up once and you never need to adjust it unless there is a leak.

So yes, nitrogen works and works very well. It all depends on the application your using it.
Old 06-30-2009, 07:43 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 171 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by MMM...Mud
As an Army helicopter mechanic I can vouch for the benefits of nitro. We use it extensively. Yes, we have one of those high fangled machines that makes nitro. Nitrogen is an inert gas that DOES NOT expand or contract due to temperatures. When dealers "air down" the tires and refill with nitro, no matter what they do there will always be some air left in the tire. They would have to vacum the tire to the freakin rim all the way to remove all the air. We use it the tires on the aircraft. Our tires have inner tubes. When fully deflated, a inner tube has no space for air. When inflated, 100% nitrogen. You will never get 100% nitro in a passenger vehicle tire. We also you it in various electrical components and accumulators. Fill the component or tire up once and you never need to adjust it unless there is a leak.

So yes, nitrogen works and works very well. It all depends on the application your using it.
Sorry, but that is just not true. All gasses change with temperature. I have been using nitrogen in aircraft tires for many years and can tell you temperature has an an effect on the pressure. In fact, there are temperature correction charts for tires, accumutaters, etc.
Look at the tech data for your helicopter's tires. It will address temperature.
Speaking of tech data, I hope you use it religiously when working on "my" helicopters. I always did when working on "your" KC-135's.

Last edited by ronjenx; 06-30-2009 at 07:50 AM.
Old 06-30-2009, 08:20 AM
JK Newbie

nitrogen in CARS is a waste of money!!!!!!!!!!......

end of thread...

Quick Reply: Nitrogeon in tires make a great Ride