Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Nitrogeon in tires make a great Ride

Old 06-17-2009, 07:07 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mkjeep
If you want dry gas, don't eat at Taco Bell.

I'm still sticking with my practice of putting Nothing® in my tires (see a few posts back). What can be dryer than Nothing®?

I'm happy to report that since I put Nothing® in my tires, I have lost absolutely Nothing® in gas mileage, Nothing® in tire pressure, and Nothing® in cost. I think everyone should put Nothing® in THEIR tires!

In fact, I'm so happy with Nothing®, I'm going to patent it! I could make millions selling Nothing®! Although I'm not so sure I really want to work for Nothing®.
Old 06-21-2009, 07:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just to keep an update to you guys, air preassure has not changed and the ride continues to be as good as I mentioned before, gas mileage does not seem any better. I am happier about the ride though wife is not complaining she actually noticed it which makes me feel like money well spent. In my case no money spent. But you guys get what I am talking about.
Old 06-23-2009, 11:27 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Easyryder01
I was at the dealer today ordering the new top for my rig (under warranty) and they just recieved this morning a Bosch Nitrogeon machine that connects all 4 tires (optional is for the spare) at one time and it empties and inflates the tires on your car a couple of times untill you have 100% nitro in your tires. Apparently the machine which is about $8,000 makes it's own nitro. Not bad I must say so myself. So I and the service manager were the guinea pigs to see if there was any change at all and the only thing I noticed was that the ride got a little softer. Don't ask me why but that was the only difference I saw so far. I will keep you guys posted if the gas mileage changes too. I hope !!!
I had nitro put in rav last winter. When it got real cold here it did not ride nice. The tires just did not feel right. Hard ride in frigid temps. Would not have it done again even for free
Old 06-24-2009, 05:31 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 171 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by spydey
I had nitro put in rav last winter. When it got real cold here it did not ride nice. The tires just did not feel right. Hard ride in frigid temps. Would not have it done again even for free
And you blame the nitrogen for this??
Old 06-24-2009, 11:40 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by 09rubicon
There was already a thread on this. This is just my opinion, but nitro is a huge waste of money. Air is already 78% nitrogen. The benefits gleaned from nitrogen are less susceptible to extreme temp changes and leaks slower (all tires leak slowly). The problem with this is you will never put your JK through extremes enough to benefit from it (unless you live north of the arctic circle in which case I stand corrected). It is used primarily in the aviation field, and in racing, not really needed for highway driving.
amen! and what do you if u need to air down? do you have to go back there to get your tires back up to pressure? waste of money / time...too fancy...no benefits. it's a scam!
Old 06-24-2009, 08:49 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by 09rubicon
I prefer to use Hydrogen, not only is it lighter and more stable that Helium, it can be used as a spare fuel source if I run out of gas. As a matter of fact it is so light I no longer worry about water crossings, I just drive right on top of the water!!!
ROTF. You do know a spark to the Hydrogen will send your Jeep to the moon, or explode and quickly incinerate.
Old 06-24-2009, 08:52 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by ronjenx
First highlight: What's not a "dry" gas?

Second highlight: What? Helium does that, but I didn't know nitrogen would, since it's most of what we breath anyway.
Any gas that contains moisture. Ammonia is a good example.
Old 06-25-2009, 11:57 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How does a bullshit topic like this stay on the first page? Oh, dumb asses like me keep posting in it.
Old 06-25-2009, 01:10 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by seer1
How does a bullshit topic like this stay on the first page? Oh, dumb asses like me keep posting in it.
Bullshit! That's the answer! My tires run much better with all this bullshit!

(I think I just confirmed I, too, belong in ranks of the dumb asses)
Old 06-25-2009, 10:54 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by ronjenx
And you blame the nitrogen for this??
Yes I do. In all my years of driving and also w/the Rav for 5 yrs. never had the tires feel like that

Quick Reply: Nitrogeon in tires make a great Ride