Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Nieces 18 JK acting stupid

Old 08-22-2022, 07:30 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nieces 18 JK acting stupid

Hi y’all,

not on here much, needing help with my nieces JK. This is the third time every light on the dash gauge area came on while driving, also the tach goes to 0 as does the speedometer, and she gets a hot oil message flashing and all the tire pressures go away. In addition to the instrument cluster the motor gets louder, I hope I uploaded the videos right? When it’s towed to the dealer tomorrow it’ll be the third time they’ve had it and can’t get it to duplicate or find a code? Any help would be appreciated

I’ll post a link to YouTube when she gets em uploaded.

Lynn
Attached Files
File Type: mov
IMG_0637.MOV (2.53 MB, 579 views)
File Type: mov
IMG_0638.MOV (2.23 MB, 65 views)

Last edited by pacman99; 08-23-2022 at 04:47 AM.
Old 08-23-2022, 03:37 AM
JK Junkie

Received 160 Likes on 141 Posts

Sounds like a faulty battery or flaky battery connection to me. My dash went crazy when my battery was dying.
Old 08-23-2022, 03:53 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,942 Likes on 1,699 Posts

If it's not the battery or connection, which it commonly is, I'd put $5 on being bad TIPM which is distributing power out too the various other modules. Sounds like a really frustrating situation.

When it comes to videos, it's asking a lot for folks to download a file from a stranger. I'm at work and can't download that to my work PC due to obvious risks. Typically the easiest, and safest, thing for everyone is to upload a video on YouTube and then just copy/paste a link in your post which will embed the video here for folks to watch.
Old 08-23-2022, 04:03 AM
JK Newbie

Thanks, I don't post videos much, I’ll see if I can get them to YouTube……
Old 08-23-2022, 05:45 AM
JK Newbie

the videos…..

Old 08-23-2022, 07:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 40 Likes on 32 Posts

Is it a rubicon? That is very similar to what happens when the sway bar electronics short out, freaks out the entire canbus system. If it is a Rubicon unplug the swaybar.
If its not a Rubicon might be a wire rubbed bare and shorting out intermittently.

Last edited by Jeff Pillsworth; 08-23-2022 at 07:57 AM.
Old 08-23-2022, 08:24 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Jeff Pillsworth
Is it a rubicon? That is very similar to what happens when the sway bar electronics short out, freaks out the entire canbus system. If it is a Rubicon unplug the swaybar.
If its not a Rubicon might be a wire rubbed bare and shorting out intermittently.
no I isn’t a rubicon….
Old 08-23-2022, 08:28 AM
Super Moderator

Received 479 Likes on 430 Posts

The noise in the 2nd vid sounds like the rad fan running high so agree with the other posts. Look at battery first. Tropical weather seems to be harder on batteries than here in the igloo country. Wifes Q5 diesel is 8 years and counting on original German built battery. I get 6+ years from my Jeep ones.
Old 08-23-2022, 08:47 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Sixty4x4
The noise in the 2nd vid sounds like the rad fan running high so agree with the other posts. Look at battery first. Tropical weather seems to be harder on batteries than here in the igloo country. Wifes Q5 diesel is 8 years and counting on original German built battery. I get 6+ years from my Jeep ones.
Hahaha, I didn’t post where she’s at, she lives in Northern MN, about 60 miles from the Canadian border, I don’t think anyone would describe their weather as tropical, I spent a lot of this past winter up there, it’s far from weather here in Alabama, she had the battery checked, the test at both the dealer and parts store says it’s good, she’s gonna have it checked again today to see…….thanks

Quick Reply: Nieces 18 JK acting stupid