Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Newb Question about full doors and hardtop

Old 09-15-2009, 02:04 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newb Question about full doors and hardtop

We recently bought an 07 for my wife. Being a newb to Wranglers, I'm wondering what my best options are for finding full doors and a hardtop (has half doors now). During the winter, and on certain trips I'd like to be able to put those on. Am I limited to looking on classified ads for the full doors? (rescue green) I'd rather not have to order all the door parts and have them painted and assemble them (saw a thread where that's what people were doing to get half doors).

Thanks in advance for any help.

Rob
Old 09-15-2009, 02:12 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would try a junkyard first and paint the doors to match.
Old 09-15-2009, 02:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

I'd say your best bet is going to be forums, then Craigslist/ebay and look for something local. Otherwise Quadratec or 4wd for an aftermarket top. Finally, the dealership.

The top and doors, even seperately, will be a fortune for shipping would be my guess.

Junkyards, other than the local factor for shipping, charge almost new prices. For the difference, I'd buy new from the dealership.
Old 09-16-2009, 10:42 PM
JK Freak

Default Or me

Hey I live a couple of hours away. And if yours is a two door, We could work out a trade for my full doors and hard top....

Quick Reply: Newb Question about full doors and hardtop