Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

New Visor w/ Mirror in 2010's

Old 09-17-2009, 12:20 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JeepUserName
4. Driving home with the sun glaring through the driver's window and not being blinded.
that one doesn't bother me, I have my seat cranked up to the highest position so the itty bitty visor along with the windshield frame works to block the sun, my wife is not so lucky, nor is my 2yr old.
Old 09-17-2009, 12:32 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by db99wj
that one doesn't bother me, I have my seat cranked up to the highest position so the itty bitty visor along with the windshield frame works to block the sun, my wife is not so lucky, nor is my 2yr old.
My problem is actually the side windows, the visor works fine for the windshield.

What I find ironic is all of the people talking about how mods should serve a purpose and not be just for looks, yet this new visor which may be much more functional (and safe) is being dismissed because it doesn't look nice.
Old 09-18-2009, 03:08 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think they look fine. If they are interchangeable I'll be picking up a set as soon as i get the $$.

My wife has wanted a mirror in the Jeep since we got it, and i have had occasions where it certainly would have been helpfull for me to.

Got a bug in my eye last summer, and trying to get stuffed up in front of the rearview close enough to see was a bitch, this would have worked much better. I dont give a crap if people want to call it a mall crawler because it has a usefull and functional mirror on the sunvisor, they need to get the hell over it. I love my wife & try my best to give her whatever she wants; she wants a stupid mirror, she'll get it.
Old 09-18-2009, 05:06 AM
JK Super Freak

If a visor with mirror makes you feel less tough, you shold not be driving a JK. How do you live with youself with ABS, power steering, FM radio, power windows, floormats, radial tires, etc....?

Get over your self. If it does not compromise offroad performance, who gives a sh!t?

This reminds me of a guy who posted that he loves to blow by high dollar SUVs that are stuck in the snow while driving his stock X. My reply is that you are a d!ck. Why does the brand of veh matter? I drive a Jeep, but my wife drives an Infiniti. I would hope that you would stop to help my (or anybodys) wife. You sir, get the Jeep wave with one finger. -.I..

Last edited by shredX; 09-18-2009 at 06:42 AM. Reason: can't type from my BlackBerry
Old 09-18-2009, 05:10 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by shredX
If a visor with mirror makes you feel less tough, you shold not b e driving a JK. How do you live with youself with ABS, power steering, FM radio, power windows, floormats, radial tires, etc....?

Get over your self. If it does not compromise offroad performance, who gives a sh!t?

This reminds me of a guy who posted that he loves to blow buy high dollar SUVs that are stuck in the snow while driving his stock X. My reply is that you are a d!ck. Why does the brand of veh matter? I drive a Jeep, but my wife drives an Infiniti. I would hope that you would stop to help my (or anybodys) wife. You sir, get the Jeep wave with one finger. -.I..

Exactly. I just dont get some people. They clamor for improvements, they get them, and then they whine because they say its a mall crawler.

Whatthefekever. Like you said, if the mirror makes you feel less tough, you need serious mental help. I dont give a damn what those people think, i just point & laugh.
Old 09-18-2009, 06:13 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The first thing I noticed in the JK is how non-functional the visors are. Fold them forward and the sun always ends up being were the visor is not..... Flip them to the sides and they are 100% useless. I will be purchasing the new visors as soon as they are available.
Old 09-18-2009, 06:19 AM
JK Freak

Slightly off the subject but.....I glued on a 8 1/2 x 6" clear plastic document holder that I put directions or trail maps into, it's very convient to just flip down the visor for info.
Old 09-18-2009, 08:32 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by shredX
If a visor with mirror makes you feel less tough, you shold not be driving a JK. How do you live with youself with ABS, power steering, FM radio, power windows, floormats, radial tires, etc....?

This reminds me of a guy who posted that he loves to blow by high dollar SUVs that are stuck in the snow while driving his stock X. My reply is that you are a d!ck. Why does the brand of veh matter? I drive a Jeep, but my wife drives an Infiniti. I would hope that you would stop to help my (or anybodys) wife. You sir, get the Jeep wave with one finger. -.I..
Originally Posted by HappyCurmudgeon
Exactly. I just dont get some people. They clamor for improvements, they get them, and then they whine because they say its a mall crawler.

Whatthefekever. Like you said, if the mirror makes you feel less tough, you need serious mental help. I dont give a damn what those people think, i just point & laugh.
Yep.

From the pics, they do look significantly bigger, these could be a good thing for my families viewing pleasure.
Old 09-18-2009, 08:51 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I tried to order from the parts counter, all supply was reserved for builds at the moment. He quoted me a price of $90 CAD for each visor.

I did not get a parts number but may try again in a month or 2.
Old 09-18-2009, 09:19 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

"Sliding Sun Visor w/Mirror"

Does this mean it will have that small slider that can be pulled out to block the gap on either side of the rear view mirror?

That would be handy.

Quick Reply: New Visor w/ Mirror in 2010's