Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

New steering stabalizer

Old 12-26-2012, 06:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New steering stabalizer

Since I destroyed my steering stabilizer I am looking into getting a new one. I have no lift and regular Sahara tires. I am planning on getting a lift and tires in the near future. What would you guys suggest? Plus would you guys think I should get the relocation bracket at the same time? Thanks!
Old 12-26-2012, 07:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have a Fox 2.0 IFP stab with synergy clamp. I am very pleased. I did not use a relocate bracket, I have a 2.5 TF coil lift. There are many other good stabilizers out there.
Old 12-27-2012, 03:08 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Relocated OEM is as good as anything else.
Old 12-27-2012, 03:20 AM
JK Super Freak

Also have the Fox here...Good product...
Old 12-27-2012, 06:29 AM
Super Moderator

Received 83 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by OH9JK
Relocated OEM is as good as anything else.
His is destroyed and many aftermarket stabilizers are cheaper than oem and do the same job...
Old 12-27-2012, 08:29 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you say so....next thread will be "Just installed new _____ steering stabilizer and Jeep pulls to left....what do I do?"
Old 12-27-2012, 08:52 AM
JK Newbie

If you say so....next thread will be "Just installed new _____ steering stabilizer and Jeep pulls to left....what do I do?"
actually the OP said he destroyed it.
Old 12-27-2012, 09:06 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Nico4x4
Since I destroyed my steering stabilizer I am looking into getting a new one. I have no lift and regular Sahara tires. I am planning on getting a lift and tires in the near future. What would you guys suggest? Plus would you guys think I should get the relocation bracket at the same time? Thanks!
what ever you do, make sure you RELOCATE the stabilizer so its not hanging down below the rest of the suspension.
Synergy Suspension makes a nice set up - i should know....i just installed it on mine.

and you can use it w/ ANY stabilizer -

really....wonder why i dont see threads like that now ?
i just installed mine and its fine....a stabilizer shouldnt cause ANY pull (or push)....its not like its SPRING loaded or something !
Old 12-27-2012, 10:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

really....wonder why i dont see threads like that now ?
i just installed mine and its fine....a stabilizer shouldnt cause ANY pull (or push)....its not like its SPRING loaded or something ! [/QUOTE]

There are many that come with as much as 200 psi nitrogen charged. A lot of guys like me use them to correct radial tire pull. I have one on my diesel pickup that has 37's due to the right pull from the tires. After installing the Carli stabilizer it would pull left due to the extra pressure. Just a matter of adjusting pressure via the schrader valve and it dials right in and zero pull now.
Old 12-27-2012, 10:38 AM
Super Moderator

Received 83 Likes on 75 Posts

This is only an issue with a few of the gas charged units. Fox has recently made a new stabilizer that will correct the issue with their stabilizers. My aftermarket stabilizer doesn't pull at all, nor have any i have ever used. Do your research

Quick Reply: New steering stabalizer