Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

New Recall - L35 - Reprogram PCM. Anyone Else?

Old 11-16-2011, 06:00 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JK10

definitely let us know!
Placebo. I wanted it to make it better, so I convinced myself it did. I doubt there is any real quantitative change. I had an appointment, they said it would be 30 minutes. An hour later I was just getting the jeep back. Probably a compete waste of time unless you live in Cali.
Old 11-21-2011, 06:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

I had this done to my 11' last Friday; it definately improved the throttle response.
I don't know if it added more power but it definately made the motor smoother and easier to drive at some rev's; no more sort of stumbling, waiting for it to go, definately an improvement.
Old 11-21-2011, 06:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Freewill
Anyone else get a new recall notice? This one came in a couple days ago. The notice says: "DOWNSTREAM OXYGEN SENSOR SLOW RESPONSE MONITOR AND EGR MONITORS".

Just wondering anyone has had this done, and if they screwed anything else up in the process? Last time they flashed my ECUs it wiped out all my custom settings.
What are you using to re-program your 2011?

As was said complete flash but painless. Had this done along with the softop recall (they just look at it and give you the kit).
Old 11-21-2011, 07:09 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by mpkelley20
If you are running any kind of aftermarket programmer, yes you need to return to stock. If you don't, whatever program you are running will get erased and your programmer will be basically bricked when you connect it to re-upload your custom tune because it won;t recognize your new "stock" settings. Superchips will unlock theirs for you but I think it costs $100 or so to do it.
wait a minute, wait a minute, wait a minute. Matt, I had settings changed when I lifted and replaced tires. I have a Procal. Are you saying I have to change back? (side note, no f#&*ng idea how to do that). Just popped into this thread and now I'm all confused.......
Old 11-21-2011, 07:12 AM
JK Newbie

Default Recall

Just got my notice...as I read it, the Oxygen sensor is failing to signal the OBD. So I guess if I don't get it done, I should pass the that part of the inspection every time. In NJ, our inspection is to read the OBD for trouble codes and sniffer for emissions. I guess it could still fail the emissions sniffer.
Old 11-21-2011, 07:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Navyvetnorwich91
wait a minute, wait a minute, wait a minute. Matt, I had settings changed when I lifted and replaced tires. I have a Procal. Are you saying I have to change back? (side note, no f#&*ng idea how to do that). Just popped into this thread and now I'm all confused.......
me to
thought the recall was for 2011 only
and thought nobody had cracked the rsa on the ecu for 2011 yet
Old 11-21-2011, 09:46 AM
JK Junkie

ProCal settings are unaffected.
Old 11-21-2011, 10:00 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by tslewisz
ProCal settings are unaffected.
??????????

Do you mean I can just go in for recall and it doesn't matter?

That would be cool....
Old 11-21-2011, 10:13 AM
Super Moderator

Received 83 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by JerseyMark
I just got this done. It actually made a big difference. My jk feels faster and definately runs better. It no longer pings if I lug it in top gear. It's funny because my brother has a 2011 and his always ran better than mine and my wife's. Turns out his was a late build 2011 and already had the reflash.
I wonder if this has anything to do with all the pinging issues with these motors?
Old 11-21-2011, 10:49 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Navyvetnorwich91
??????????

Do you mean I can just go in for recall and it doesn't matter?

That would be cool....
Yes. Just like I said in post #4 on the 1st page. I'm talking AEV ProCal only, no other "tuner".

Quick Reply: New Recall - L35 - Reprogram PCM. Anyone Else?