Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

New Recall....

Old 09-16-2007, 06:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jeeper-creeper
Thank the Jeep God I have an 08!! With no problems
I wouldn't be too comfortable yet. Quite a few reports right here on this forum concerning issues with the 08's i.e. "Stall Bug" etc...

Last edited by jeeper; 09-16-2007 at 08:50 AM.
Old 09-16-2007, 07:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Grant211
you forgot one word....

"Thank the Jeep God I have an 08!! With no problems" YET:toung:

He is right most of our problems did not arise till we got in 2,000 mile range. But with all the problems I have or had, I still love my Jeep! I hope and pray that 2008 don't have as many problems neither so it can bring back the good name of the Wranglers. As saying goes a lot of times you have to know and love a wrangler to appreciate a wrangler. It is not your average vehicle and that is why so many of us here love them.
Old 09-16-2007, 07:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Blue Dog
As saying goes a lot of times you have to know and love a wrangler to appreciate a wrangler. It is not your average vehicle and that is why so many of us here love them.
True, but how about us first time (or future) wrangler buyers? Some folks may have come from a different manufacturer with excellent reliability. It's definitely going to leave a bitter taste in their mouths if the first jeep they buy will have problems after a couple thousand miles.
I've owned a Toyota, Nissan, Ford, Oldsmobile, Mercedes and Subaru. Out of the 6 manufacturers, 4 were brand new (3 of them factory ordered, not off the lot). I can safely say I will never buy a Nissan, Ford or a Mercedes Benz again. I never had any problems with Toyota, Subaru and Oldsmobile.
Old 09-16-2007, 08:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

I am currently having a problem when slowing down and braking at 40 MPH turning off a highway exit. The ABS seem to engage on the front brakes. This is just started to happen, after hitting 2,000 mile. Hope this recall addresses problem.
Old 09-16-2007, 09:05 AM
Former Member

Originally Posted by jeeper
Yeah, I did VOLJEEPX. It's just starting to get a little frustrating. I really do love my JK. It just seems like Chrysler has a long way to go on getting thier electronics and computers in line...
The very reason I always would avoid their power windows and door locks on my Jeeps.
Old 09-16-2007, 05:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Tommy3rd
True, but how about us first time (or future) wrangler buyers? Some folks may have come from a different manufacturer with excellent reliability. It's definitely going to leave a bitter taste in their mouths if the first jeep they buy will have problems after a couple thousand miles.
I've owned a Toyota, Nissan, Ford, Oldsmobile, Mercedes and Subaru. Out of the 6 manufacturers, 4 were brand new (3 of them factory ordered, not off the lot). I can safely say I will never buy a Nissan, Ford or a Mercedes Benz again. I never had any problems with Toyota, Subaru and Oldsmobile.

You are right and I hate all the things going wrong with Jk's. A Jeep use to be made where you could throw anything at it and it could handle it with no problems and it would come back for more. Now I am not just not sure where Jeep is going.
I hear from my neighbors and friends all the time saying just file the lemon law "But what else is out there"????????? That would replace the Jeep. Now if we own a car then the choice would be endless to pick from. I am hoping that these glitches are going to clear up and maybe the 2008's will show this.
Old 09-17-2007, 05:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 101gargoyles
The very reason I always would avoid their power windows and door locks on my Jeeps.
AMEN! Me too
Old 09-17-2007, 11:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

What’s the big deal? this is a first model year, I bought my 07 knowing well that issues were going to come up.
Even with all the minor problems I don’t think there’s another vehicle out there I would rather have.
Old 09-17-2007, 12:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Grant211
last week sitting at a stop light the BAS warning light came on. The road was flat and about 4 miles later the light went off.

Ohh just great... gotta go back to the dealer.

If this keeps up - Lemon Law here i come! My parents filed lemon law about 17 years ago and won. It was on a Chrysler Labaron with the engine just shutting off (the car was less than 2 years old-bought new).

If i win the lemon law... good bye wrangler and say hello to umm... uhh... hummer h2 sut??

I can help you Grant 211............just sell me your JK for 10 cents on the dollar....and then ...poof....no problems.....

sound good?

I think it sounds good....

Quick Reply: New Recall....