Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

New Recall....

Old 09-15-2007, 06:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Its all a game if you ask me

Since we all know who owns Chrysler now, a flipping investment group, who could give a poop less about anything other than the bottom-line they figure the only way to get us near the crappy jeep service departments is with a recall, they figure we would go ahead and pay for some other services that we would normally do on our own, fluid changes etc. Seems the first stall recall was not a real fix, this is another computer flash that no one will ever know if it was done or effective, then there is the Lifetime Warranty crap to push the sales figures up. All seems to be a way to maximize profits fast so they can turn some dollars then dump the company in some other suckers lap left to pay out the nose for warranted repairs. Just a though, as you can tell I don't trust anyone except my Wife, Kids and Bassett Hound.

All that said we love our JK.
Old 09-15-2007, 07:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

I would rather tow my JK than own or drive a Hummer. I once "owned" 25 of them Hummers, Army Unit I commanded, tough enough for the Army except when it comes to IED in IRAQ.

The only folks I see driving them around here are FBCs (Fat Blond Chicks) obviously married to men with more dollars than taste in women. Guess they figure everyone will stare at the Vehicle and not notice who is behind the wheel.

Note: Not intended to offend anyone with a FBW (Fat Blond Wife), I'm sure she has a great personality.
Old 09-15-2007, 08:16 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by artieandgumbo
I guess this will be another chance to have the dealership tell me that they don't hear a chirp after shifting.
if it makes you feel better, my chirp disappeared somewhere between 4k and 6k miles.
Old 09-15-2007, 08:28 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Blue
I got that too. What does "Customer Satisfaction Notification" mean?
I wrote them about the ghey rear window clip issue. Does that fall under Customer Unsatisfaction Notification?
Apparently not, I have taken my Jeep in 3 times to have that fixed, they fix something that has a problem on 20 vehicles but they can't fix a 10 cent clip on almost all the Wranglers.
Old 09-15-2007, 09:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Smiley
I would rather tow my JK than own or drive a Hummer. I once "owned" 25 of them Hummers, Army Unit I commanded, tough enough for the Army except when it comes to IED in IRAQ.

The only folks I see driving them around here are FBCs (Fat Blond Chicks) obviously married to men with more dollars than taste in women. Guess they figure everyone will stare at the Vehicle and not notice who is behind the wheel.

Note: Not intended to offend anyone with a FBW (Fat Blond Wife), I'm sure she has a great personality.

I love fat bashing
Old 09-15-2007, 11:19 AM
JK Freak

Bassett Hounds lie more than they drool.
Old 09-15-2007, 02:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Well it happen

Well guys I am here and thank the good Lord we are still here to tell you this just happen to me and my family today........ It was more scary then the stall bug. We were heading up a hill fix'en to come to a busy highway when all of sudden we had no brakes it sound it like we were stepping on a bag of chips a (grinding noise) we manged to get it stop before we enter the highway were a semi was coming down the road. I think we now have to clean out pants on this one. But thankfully no one was hurt. We called the free towing and that took a hour in half and the service department at the dealers will see it Monday.
Old 09-15-2007, 03:31 PM
JK Newbie

Thank the Jeep God I have an 08!! With no problems
Old 09-16-2007, 01:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

I'm so excited to have a possible reason to hook my JK up to the programmer at the dealership. I tried to get three places to reprogram for bigger tires while I was getting an oil change. They wanted anywhere from $45-$90 (just to reprogam). What a rip. Maybe now I can con them into doing both since it's such a big inconvenience for me....
Old 09-16-2007, 05:04 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by canadian
the last recall for the stall bug cost me 60 miles per tank in fuel economy

i just hope this "reprogramming" doesn't make my fuel economy drop even more :sad:
Odd, my economy increased by 2-3 MPG on the highway and 1-2 off after the update.

Quick Reply: New Recall....