Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

New owner in Japan (with question already)

Old 02-07-2012, 04:04 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im sure you could use one of the generic mods sold in asia to retro fit older vehicles. You'd have to modify the mirror alot to free up the swinging motion and fit the motor. Parktronic sensors would b e a must in asia! Good luck
Old 02-07-2012, 08:57 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks , am still looking. But not that hard as I haven't got the vehicle yet. Tomorrow, I hope. Then I'll see how much they really stick out, and therefore how much time/effort and money I'd want to put into it...
Old 02-07-2012, 09:21 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Most all JDM cars come with Power folding mirrors right!? Out here all the imports seek jdm parts to look like you guys! Lol take some mirrors of an Integra or Civic! Hell let me know if you can send me parts!
Old 02-08-2012, 12:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

Just do a 4 inch lift and 35's. They will be scraping their mirrors on your tires instead
Old 02-10-2012, 05:58 AM
JK Newbie

Friday night and just picked it up after work. We immediately drove to the mountains, and I mean straight from the dealer - haven't taken it home yet. Up in the snow, which is appropriate, will stay up here till Monday.

First impressions, love it. Cruises on the highway much more comfortably than the pajero ever did, is quieter than I expected - the engine is very quiet and the wind noise is negligible, and gets better mileage than I expected. Love the heated seats, minus 10 up here and my huskies like the windows open when we get off the highway.

Problems, none big - couldn't get it into 4h from 2 until I stopped and put it in park; seems like the speakers in the sound bar aren't on. Stuff like that, that I'll probably figure out tomorrow when it's light out and I'm not busy drivin and lovin it.

I'll worry about the mirror matter another time, having too much fun now.
Old 02-10-2012, 06:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

Hey OP, got a pic of your girl?

Old 02-10-2012, 03:03 PM
JK Newbie

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3040934673.jpg
Views:	378
Size:	68.9 KB
ID:	276430

There she is.
Old 02-10-2012, 08:53 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by casper03
You might be interested that the Jeeps here come with pre-installed side camera, a small camera built into the bottom mount of the left side mirror, and a monitor built into the left side door panel. This is so you have no blind spot when parking (rear view camera for backing up also built in, though that image appears in the Navi monitor), or making such tight passes.

Im interested in how this setup looks like. Can you snap some photos of this too?

she's a beaut man! 35's on them rims would look niiiccce!
Old 02-11-2012, 06:27 AM
JKX
JK Newbie

Very cool. Interesting placement of the fog lights/driving lights. They are in the center of the bumper state side!

Enjoy! She's a beaut!!!!
Old 02-11-2012, 06:29 AM
JKX
JK Newbie

I also just noticed the bumper covers the front tire. That's the "full coverage" that is mandatory I assume? Looks kinda cool..,

Quick Reply: New owner in Japan (with question already)