Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

New jk won't run

Old 03-18-2008, 05:41 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Alright guys here's the skinny on what was my problem, first of water came in through the gas cap while it was under water and that is how water got into the evap canister. I put eight bottles of wter remover in the tank and it did nothing at all, so today I droped the tank down which was nearly full and I removed the pump which has the filter contained inside of it as well then I used a small electric pump with one end of the hose in the tank the other in a gas can but I did not let the hose tuch on the bottom this way I could suck up as much water as possible at the very end, any way I ended up with about two quarts of water at the end. I cleaned out the fuel pump assymbely with carb cleaner the best I could and and wiped out the tank, blew out all the lines and put it all back together put the tank back up connected all of the lines. I have pics but don't know how to post them.
Old 03-18-2008, 05:46 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by mow town
Alright guys here's the skinny on what was my problem, first of water came in through the gas cap while it was under water and that is how water got into the evap canister. I put eight bottles of wter remover in the tank and it did nothing at all, so today I droped the tank down which was nearly full and I removed the pump which has the filter contained inside of it as well then I used a small electric pump with one end of the hose in the tank the other in a gas can but I did not let the hose tuch on the bottom this way I could suck up as much water as possible at the very end, any way I ended up with about two quarts of water at the end. I cleaned out the fuel pump assymbely with carb cleaner the best I could and and wiped out the tank, blew out all the lines and put it all back together put the tank back up connected all of the lines. I have pics but don't know how to post them.
So how does it run?
Old 03-18-2008, 05:52 PM
JK Newbie

So has anyone else had water come in through the gas cap? I also put ten fresh gallons of fuel with two bottles of water remover in the tank then I purged the system by disconecting the fuel line right next to the intake then I sliped on a small hose stuck it down in a clear jar then had my wife cycle the key on and off to purge any remaining water out of the system which more did come out, after things looked good I put the lines back on, fired it up and it now runs like it used to. If you have any questions please contact me.
Old 03-18-2008, 06:36 PM
JK Jedi Master

Glad you got it up and running again.

Quick Reply: New jk won't run