Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

New Jeeper - what does this mean? What are these Springs?

Old 02-25-2012, 03:29 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Jeeper - what does this mean? What are these Springs?

I've just bought my first Jeep, a 2012 JKU Sport S. It is the most excited I've ever been about a new vehicle and I'm already loving it and starting to learn all about it thanks to this forum. I registered the jeep at jeep.com and brought up the official "sticker" that lists the optional equipment. There are some things on it that are not on the actual window sticker from the dealer lot and I'd like to know what they are, especially what are these springs and why are they listed as optional? I already discovered the added Remote Start that was not on the sticker (after the deal was done, even the salesman was surprised, apparently a dealer add on that they didn't get informed about on a dealer trade.) Anyways - here are the things I don't know what they are:

Spring - Left FrontSpring - Left RearSpring - Right FrontSpring - Right Rear Spring
FAM: JK TRACKING: 10913T20 MY:2012
Customer Preferred Package 2TS
Customer Preferred Package 24S
Old 02-25-2012, 04:39 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Maestrorr
I've just bought my first Jeep, a 2012 JKU Sport S. It is the most excited I've ever been about a new vehicle and I'm already loving it and starting to learn all about it thanks to this forum. I registered the jeep at jeep.com and brought up the official "sticker" that lists the optional equipment. There are some things on it that are not on the actual window sticker from the dealer lot and I'd like to know what they are, especially what are these springs and why are they listed as optional? I already discovered the added Remote Start that was not on the sticker (after the deal was done, even the salesman was surprised, apparently a dealer add on that they didn't get informed about on a dealer trade.) Anyways - here are the things I don't know what they are:

Spring - Left FrontSpring - Left RearSpring - Right FrontSpring - Right Rear Spring
FAM: JK TRACKING: 10913T20 MY:2012
Customer Preferred Package 2TS
Customer Preferred Package 24S
The springs are always thrown in the optional column due to the many different kinds that are available(8 or more). The JK Tracking is to allow the build progress of the vehicle so the dealership or individual that ordered it knows when to expect delivery and the preferred packages are what makes it an S and what options it was built with, such as your connectivity, power windows/locks, and other little features that the have bundle on your model. It is easier to say customer preferred package than to list them all individually while in the build process. Usually these options are still broken down in sales codes on the build sheet, it is just to help them simplify the build process.

Quick Reply: New Jeeper - what does this mean? What are these Springs?