Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

new horn location

Old 10-08-2008, 07:25 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default new horn location

Any time I hit 1/4 tire depth water, my horn takes a drink and gets that wet horn muffled sound. I've adjusted the horn on the bracket (angled it up, down ect) but nothing works. I'm thinking about moving it to a new location, away from the front grill. It's the grill that takes the initial hit with water. Any one else gone through this and found a better solution?
Old 10-08-2008, 09:09 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I replaced mine with a dual-trumpet air-pump powered system. Mounted them behind the grille with the trumpet pointing down.
Old 10-08-2008, 09:12 PM
Sponsoring Vendor
Off Road Evolution Rep

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Replaced mine with a Wolo Badboy dualtone airhorn majigger.... it was 35 bucks and sounds like a million compared to the stock junk
Old 04-18-2009, 06:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

i had the same isue. i took it to the dealership and they replaced it. i had them mount it a bout a foot highter on the side. they didnt have any issue. of course they asked me how it got water in it. it was the wife on her first trail run and a 4 ft deep mud hole. i swore she played in it for 20 minutes. but she was happy.
Old 04-19-2009, 06:43 AM
JK Freak

My next mod I swear, is to get rid of that cheap,embarassing piece of Shyt!

Quick Reply: new horn location