Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

New Half Door Upper Design?

Old 04-23-2011, 06:38 PM
Vin
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The problem with the "old styled" upper door is that when you unzip the window and fold it down 1) part of the window is wedged between the door and the dash causing scratches and 2) it makes it hard to reach the door latch to open the door.

With the "new styled" upper, the back portion opens/folds down avoiding the rub area and giving you access to the door latch.
Old 04-23-2011, 08:10 PM
JK Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Vin
The problem with the "old styled" upper door is that when you unzip the window and fold it down 1) part of the window is wedged between the door and the dash causing scratches and 2) it makes it hard to reach the door latch to open the door.

With the "new styled" upper, the back portion opens/folds down avoiding the rub area and giving you access to the door latch.
right. the stationary panel (front) definitely does not slide or open at all.
Old 04-24-2011, 07:30 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ah, that make sense, but I don't get scratches near the dash part. I get them along the bottom half near the fold where it touches the door. As far as the old style blocking the handle, I just reach out and open it from the outside. But options aren't a bad thing.

Quick Reply: New Half Door Upper Design?