Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

New to the forum.. JK questions

Old 03-30-2008, 09:28 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to the forum.. JK questions

I've got a 01 TJ Sahara and I'm looking to trade it in on a new JK 2 dr Rubicon.. Some of the things I have questions on and can't find any answers to.

1) Looking at the dual top option and it doesn't specify if the soft top is the sun rider or not..
2) 1 switch for locking the diff's? Do both have to be locked or can you select front and/or rear
3) I'm guessing that the you still have to be in low range to lock the diff's. Has anyone figured out how to defeat that like they did in the TJ's?
4) Any rumors for changes in the 09 Rubi's as I may wait until they come out to buy.

That's all I have at the moment but I'm sure more questions will come as I look into this further.

Thanks for your time..
Old 03-30-2008, 09:41 AM
JK Freak

1. If it's the Rubicon it is the Sunrider top.

2. You can select front or rear.

3. Yes, you have to be in low range. I'm sure some has done it already.

4. .....Can't answer this one...but shouldn't be too much.
Old 03-30-2008, 09:44 AM
JK Freak

Welcome to the forum! As for your questions

1) I believe that the softop is the sunrider.
2) Technically, there is one switch that is used for both front and rear. You can either have just the rear activated, or the rear and the front, but you cannot just have the front activated.
3) That is correct, you do have to be in low range for the lockers, and yes, people on this forum have figured out ways to get around that such that the lockers can be engaged either just front, just rear, or both in any driving mode.
4) If you check the rumor mill, there are plenty floating around there. Most people like to speculate about a larger v6 or even a diesel option for 2009. There are also some color changes. I think they already stopped making the steel blue color.
Old 03-30-2008, 10:29 AM
JK Junkie

Bofer84's locker write-up

Write-up index
Old 03-30-2008, 11:05 AM
JK Newbie

This is great info.. Thanks..

Quick Reply: New to the forum.. JK questions