Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

new b@m shifter for 6 speed

Old 01-31-2018, 08:40 AM
JK Junkie
FJOTM Winner

Received 210 Likes on 189 Posts

Originally Posted by doc5339
<snip> Shifts are much shorter, more positive and very stiff. </snip>
Been thinking hard about getting it, but "very stiff" might be more than my preference. Too me, very stiff detents usually means it tends to only shift quickly - Is that the case, and does it feel like the synchro's are up to it? Does it feel better than stock in 4LO with rough terrain? Any sand dune experience with it?

Thanks in advance,
Old 08-07-2018, 02:24 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I want to order B&M shifter but because I have 1.25” body lift,
so I use an adapter(Rough Country)for the shifter.
do you know if I can combine the adapter with B&M shifter?
Old 10-04-2018, 04:36 PM
JK Newbie

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I just ordered the shifter, complete with new levers and a spare donut. My Jeep is an 08 and I suspect the original donut is dry and fragile. I plan on destroying it getting it out. I'm hoping I can get the new one in without lowering the drive train. I was told this will help keep 1st gear from popping out as well as the violent gear shift shake while off roading. We will see.
Old 10-04-2018, 06:27 PM
JK Junkie
FJOTM Winner

Received 210 Likes on 189 Posts
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by bpbat21
<snip> I'm hoping I can get the new one in without lowering the drive train. </snip>
The foam is firm, there's a lot of compressive force on it, and the surfaces the foam bears against are rough-uneven. I've had the trans out and can't think of how it could be done without lowering the trans, and all the other work that goes along with that. If the clutch has a lot of miles, consider replacing it at the same time.

Quick Reply: new b@m shifter for 6 speed