Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

New 2011 jk unlimited is it just me or do i have Mrs. Daisy's vehicle

Old 12-02-2010, 08:10 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've gone on a couple of dates where I've driven the girl in my Jeep. I have a 2010 2Door Rubi. Both girls said - "wow, you drive pretty slow." I just laughed it off and said it depends on what I'm driving. Most people don't understand that a Wrangler does not handle anywhere close to even an average car on the asphalt.

I have a motorcycle that will launch me to insanely illegal speeds when I want to go fast. I also drive my dad's Audi A4 from time to time and it will easily go over 100mph within a few blinks of the eye. These can get you into trouble real quick. On the other hand the JK offers an engaging, enjoyable ride at legal, reasonable speeds.

Sure I wish the Jeep had some more oomph, but considering its intended purpose I can't fault it. I took it offroad last week and was absolutely blown away by the performance. You can't expect a vehicle with such amazing offroad abilities to handle like a car on the street. That being said, I think it still does ok on the street.
Old 12-03-2010, 04:54 AM
JK Newbie

They were made for off roading not drag racing there is no reason to go fast when your tring to get up a 4 foot dry water fall at a 35 dagree angle. Mine dose just fine and i havent done any thing to the motor.
Old 12-03-2010, 05:14 AM
JK Freak

i completely agree, but... while u get to your off-road trail, it would be nice to have a normal highway cruise speed of 120 kmh (75 mph) and right now that speed is almost top speed on a Wrangler If they completely can't do that i'm OK with that, i don't care how fast i'll get where i'm going, i just want to be sure i DO get there, and that's for sure with a wrangler....
Old 12-03-2010, 11:15 AM
Ab1
JK Newbie

I think 75-80mph in my jeep is the same 75-80mph that a Ferrari has...
Old 12-03-2010, 12:39 PM
JK Freak

i have a mustang as well man and i know how you feel about the jeep. the superchips tuner helps a bit.
Old 12-03-2010, 03:29 PM
JK Newbie

I feel your pain....I went from a 2004 BMW 545i 330hps to a 2011 wrangler unlimited black. I opted for the 6 spd to give me a little extra...but its a massive change however i won't be getting any speeding tickets and I can basically drive anywhere I want now.
Old 12-03-2010, 04:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

Lack of power in a Jeep Mine will do 0-6 in 0.9 seconds and cover 10 in 2 seconds. Who need to go faster than 10?
Old 12-03-2010, 04:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by daedalus
I've gone on a couple of dates where I've driven the girl in my Jeep. I have a 2010 2Door Rubi. Both girls said - "wow, you drive pretty slow."
Should have told them "faster is not better, the longer it takes you to get to the top of that mountain, the better she feels being on top of it."
Old 12-03-2010, 07:00 PM
JK Jedi

Gears

CAI or Snorkel

After market exhaust

Superchip Flaspaq

After you install these you will think you have a whole different JK...

All I've installed so far is an Airaid CAI and Flashpaq and I've been a big, BIG fan ever since I did....
Old 12-04-2010, 11:16 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bingote
i completely agree, but... while u get to your off-road trail, it would be nice to have a normal highway cruise speed of 120 kmh (75 mph) and right now that speed is almost top speed on a Wrangler....
Geez, I suppose the 4-door autos really are slow. I've had my 2-door 6-speed up to 150kmh (95MPH) during an overtake and it still had plenty of go left in it. I agree though; the 6 speed is a good powerplant for the 2-doors but with the gearing of the auto box & gearing you certainly need more power for a lifted, big tired, steel bumpered Unlimited. No wonder Hemi conversions are popular.

Quick Reply: New 2011 jk unlimited is it just me or do i have Mrs. Daisy's vehicle