Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

New 2011 jk unlimited is it just me or do i have Mrs. Daisy's vehicle

Old 12-02-2010, 12:07 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Lousifer
I am a new owner of a mango tango 2011 jk unlimited and im alittle disappointed in the performance of the engine. Granite im coming from a 2004 mustang cobra and decided to get this jeep because im going to be a new dad in 2 months and the convience of 4 doors i really like. What do i need to do to get alittle more pep in the gas pedal. Its an auto and i dont really care about the gas milage too much because im doing alot better than my mustang.

I was thinking along the lines of a new intake. If anyone has any personal experience it would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks Lou
I think you picked up the wrong vehicle, better take it back and let them know you got the wrong one, you meant to get the grand cherokee with the hemi.
Old 12-02-2010, 12:17 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Lousifer
I am a new owner of a mango tango 2011 jk unlimited and im alittle disappointed in the performance of the engine. Granite im coming from a 2004 mustang cobra and decided to get this jeep because im going to be a new dad in 2 months and the convience of 4 doors i really like. What do i need to do to get alittle more pep in the gas pedal. Its an auto and i dont really care about the gas milage too much because im doing alot better than my mustang.

I was thinking along the lines of a new intake. If anyone has any personal experience it would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks Lou
Just think that in two months when your precious baby is born.. you wouldnt wanna be thinking of more speed while your baby is on board your jeep...that is the reason why you wanted a 4 door in the first place... right? congrats on the baby.
Old 12-02-2010, 01:43 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Isn't it about time Chrysler was lobbied heavily to provide the CRD that every other country except the US & Canada gets?

From my understanding the torquey variable-geometry turbo 2.8L CRD motor doesn't pass California's ridiculously strict emissions laws so the whole of North America has to miss out. Thing is, when they've legislated tougher emissions laws recently in countries that already have the Wrangler CRD Chrysler just re-engineers the motor to comply by adding a particulate filter, or adding a bigger/better one.

Surely with the huge market in the 'States Chrysler could make the motor comply, or if not then just not offer the CRD for sale in California. From reading this forum many people choose another vehicle because of the inadequate power of the V6 and it's wrongly-geared auto in the heavier Unlimited; imagine the huge market share they could capture if they offered a powerful, torquey, fuel-efficient CRD?

The joke too is that the reason Chrysler overgears the V6 Wranglers is to squeeze out slightly better fuel economy in order to achieve its CAFE targets by making the Wrangler take the fall for the gas guzzling Hemis found in its other vehicles, wheras by offering the CRD that achieves vastly better mileage than the V6 in the heavier Unlimited application, problem solved.

Last edited by JKlad; 12-02-2010 at 01:49 PM.
Old 12-02-2010, 02:16 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks everyone. Im not looking to race i just want to feel like im in control of a v6 and it doesnt. But I still love my jeep and have always wanted one. I will take some pics tomorrow and post. Im getting tinted soft windows from the dealership due to their tint people redoing my tint 4 times for the inconvenance. Thanks again.
Old 12-02-2010, 04:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

Hold on to it for a year and trade it in for the 2012 jeep. They are putting a the new Pentastar motor in it..

Click Here To See
Old 12-02-2010, 04:52 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My last vehicle was an '04 Cobra with a Whipple, 630rwhp. I felt the same way at first. 90 % of people on here don't know what it's like to go from a vehicle that goes 0-100 in 10 sec w/o hardly trying, to a Jeep. You'll adjust, the Jeep bug bit me harder than the speed bug.
Old 12-02-2010, 04:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

I too was very disapointed in the lack of power. Slipped in 5.13's & am smiling all the while now!
Old 12-02-2010, 05:04 PM
JK Freak

start with a K and N filter... you will be suprised the gain from just the filter.

then do the MBRP exhaust... again you will be suprised by the gains.

Get a superchips use the tow tune and run plus.

Again you will be very happy with the performance.

If you want more than 20ish HP/TQ more then you need to get the new long tube headers from RIPP or get a supercharger.
Old 12-02-2010, 05:15 PM
JK Freak

I went from a 2006 grand cherokee to the 2010 JK.... i always wanted that jeep and go off- road. During first kms i was even thinking i made a mistake because of the speed and the soooo hard gas pedal... But after a month now i am sooooo loving my JK! So, try to enjoy it now that u have it.

Of course... Tune it up the way u want it to be.

Last edited by bingote; 12-02-2010 at 05:18 PM.
Old 12-02-2010, 05:30 PM
JK Freak

man my dad had a 2004 SVT cobra mustang convertible. 440it had pullies, chipped and intake. i bought a jeep and i used to drive his mustang and damn it is a shocker eh lol but i love my jeep.

Quick Reply: New 2011 jk unlimited is it just me or do i have Mrs. Daisy's vehicle